15 Recipes for Halloween Candy

I haven’t gone trick-or-treating in at least two decades, but my affinity for all types of candy has never waned. As a kid, I would come back from trick-or-treating and dump out my pillowcase full of candy on the kitchen floor, digging through my treasures to pick out my favorites. I always rejoiced over the full-size peanut butter cups (naturally) and thought very carefully about how I would ration my candy-eating over the coming weeks. My mom would allow us to eat one piece of candy when we came back in from trick-or-treating, and then the rest had to be put away for another day. If your neighborhood was anything like ours, your kids come home with an insane amount of candy. If you’re looking for some ideas of what to do with all of that leftover candy, check out the recipes below. They all use some sort of candy or candy bar as an ingredient, and there are even a couple of recipes for homemade versions of favorite pieces of candy!

1. Chocolate Malted Whopper Cookies

10. Monster Cookies

11. Peanut Butter Blossom Cookies

12. Peanut Butter Cup Crunch Brownie Bars

13. Peanut Butter Cup Rice Krispies Treats

14. Peanut Butter Snickers Cookies

15. Two-Ingredient Ice Cream: Reese’s Mini Peanut Butter Cup Ice Cream

What was your favorite Halloween candy growing up?

23 Responses to “15 Recipes for Halloween Candy”

1. Ashley @ Wishes and Dishes on October 22, 2012 at 1:35 am

All great ideas!! My favorites were always the Butterfingers :)

2. Tesei on October 22, 2012 at 4:18 am

Thank you for so many yummy ideas! I too am a absolute Butterfinger fan.
    PS-Is it just me or do you have a new image? Congratulations!!!

3. Jennifer @ Peanut Butter and Peppers on October 22, 2012 at 7:46 am

The grasshopper mint bark looks delicious!!! Everything looks delicious!!! Happy Monday!!

4. Abby@ Totes Delish on October 22, 2012 at 8:36 am

I want every single one of these things! I love the candy bark!

5. Laura Dembowski on October 22, 2012 at 8:44 am

I love any candy that’s not chocolate because I’m allergic. Reese’s Pieces are one of my faves.

6. Lindsay {life and kitchen} on October 22, 2012 at 9:45 am

I have been wanting to try homemade snickers forever. I’ll have to do it this weekend!

7. Linda on October 22, 2012 at 10:13 am

I grew up in the country way too far to celebrate. When my kids were out one year we had a neighbor down the street who always made popcorn balls. My son had not started to school but she gave him candy and he ask for a popcorn ball. She ask who he was and he told her. He did a get popcorn ball.

8. Beth Davidson on October 22, 2012 at 12:02 pm

My favorites were candy apples, popcorn balls and bubble gum. Everything on your list looked pretty good too.

9. Erin on October 22, 2012 at 12:04 pm

Just noticed the new blog layout! Not too drastic of a change and I love it!

10. hanny abdullah on October 22, 2012 at 1:34 pm

all my fav…everything look delicious to me..argggghhh..i want to go out and find one now…

11. Janet Lesley on October 22, 2012 at 2:20 pm

Love, the ideal for the candies did’t get it at first. but love it now.my favorite halloween candy is popcorn ball.

12. Katie @ Blonde Ambition on October 22, 2012 at 2:30 pm

This is great! I bought a bag of candy just in case kids come trick-or-treating at my door, but I live in an urban area around a lot of bars and restaurants, so I foresee having lots of leftovers ;)

13. Kristen @ The Holiday Kitchen on October 22, 2012 at 4:38 pm

I’m drooling and pinning at the same time. Yum!

14. Loretta | A Finn In The Kitchen on October 22, 2012 at 6:03 pm

I better make some ice cream, because all 3 of those pictures popped out at me! They all look so good!

15. Robin @ Simply Southern Baking on October 22, 2012 at 7:21 pm

Love this collection!!!

16. Mariah Rn on October 22, 2012 at 7:49 pm

Love all candy, and I see you have a weakness for all things peanut butter ;-)

17. Xavier Chang on October 22, 2012 at 9:52 pm

So lovely….I wish to have a piece of the cookies….

18. Inna on October 22, 2012 at 11:31 pm

I actually made your peanut butter cups and linked back to your site last week :))

Xo Inna

BAKING IN COUTURE

19. BellingtonFarm on October 23, 2012 at 12:33 pm

Oh, WOW !! Just pile all of these in my Halloween treat bag, please!!! What a great collection of fall candy treats!

20. arahul on October 27, 2012 at 10:07 pm

nice dish…. checkout my also….

21. Lynn on November 1, 2012 at 11:53 am

Hi Michelle. I’m a regular reader of your blog and in my local paper today – Minneapolis Star Tribune – they mentioned this post in an article about what to do with your surplus Halloween candy. I got excited that I knew you, even if it’s only through reading your blog, and I just had to tell you about it.

• Michelle on November 2nd, 2012 at 12:21 pm

Hi Lynn, Thanks for the heads up on the article in the Minneapolis Star Tribune!