The Best of Brown Eyed Baker in 2012: The 10 Most Popular Recipes

The Best of Brown Eyed Baker in 2012:  The 10 Most Popular Recipes

As 2012 winds to a close, it’s time for the annual roundup of the most popular recipes that were posted during the year. It wouldn’t be an end-of-year celebration without it! As usual, there were a variety of treats that made the list, but this was definitely the year of salted caramel madness. Really, is there any better kind of madness?! I always look forward to putting this list together and uncovering which of the recipes were among the reader favorites for the year. So much fun! Enjoy the little trip down the foodie memory lane; perhaps you’ll even uncover a recipe you missed or forgot about it!

(View roundups from previous years here: 20112010, 2009, 2008, and 2007.)

10. Homemade Snickers Bars

4. Red Velvet Cheesecake

Red Velvet Cheesecake

3. Homemade Salted Caramel Sauce

Homemade Salted Caramel Sauce

2. Grasshopper Mint Chocolate Bark

Grasshopper Mint Chocolate Bark

And now, the most popular recipe posted on Brown Eyed Baker during 2012…

:: drum roll ::

1. Loaded Baked Potato Dip

Loaded Baked Potato Dip

Stay tuned… tomorrow I’ll be sharing a list of my favorite recipes from 2012 that didn’t make the list above!

What was your favorite recipe on Brown Eyed Baker during 2012??

25 Responses to “The Best of Brown Eyed Baker in 2012: The 10 Most Popular Recipes”

1. Averie @ Averie Cooks on December 26, 2012 at 1:43 am

It seems like just yesterday that I was reading this post (and the next one – with YOUR personal faves) but it’s already been a year. Time flies!

I actually love to hear what you loved from what you made. What you love vs. what readers love could be quite different. I love the ‘forgotten gems’!

2. Jennifer @ Peanut Butter and Peppers on December 26, 2012 at 7:07 am

I made the Cherry Coke Float Cupcakes for my step-daughters birthday! Totally cute and so delish!!! The Loaded Baked Potato Dip sounds so good to!! I’m such a dip freak!! :)

Can’t wait to see what your top 10 will be in 2013!

3. Becky @ Olives n Wine on December 26, 2012 at 9:02 am

I totally missed your Homemade Snickers Bars this year. YUM!! They are being added to my “to-bake” list right now :) I hope you had a wonderful Christmas!

4. Krista on December 26, 2012 at 9:12 am

I made your strawberries and cream angel food cake roll and the red velvet cheesecake cake. Both looked so impressive and got rave reviews. I actually made the angel food cake TWICE :). The rest of the recipes look great, especially that salted caramel sauce!

5. Anna @ Crunchy Creamy Sweet on December 26, 2012 at 10:39 am

These chocolate salted caramel cupcakes are a favorite of yours for sure! LOVE the drizzle on the frosting!

6. Marcia on December 26, 2012 at 10:56 am

I just made the Red Velvet Cheesecake Cake for Christmas! Everyone loved it!

7. Maria on December 26, 2012 at 11:42 am

I’ve made your scalloped potatoes for Thanksgiving and Christmas and will make them again on Saturday. YUM!!

8. Katie @ Blonde Ambition on December 26, 2012 at 2:52 pm

They all look delicious! I baked two of your recipes for Christmas – almond lace cookies for my grandma (I put melted chocolate in between and made them sandwiches) and your classic sugar cookies are probably the best I’ve ever had.
    Both were great! Hope you had a Merry Christmas!

9. Gini on December 26, 2012 at 5:28 pm

The red velvet cheesecake is getting my attention. Its one of my favorites. I need to try your recipe. Hope you had a Merry Christmas!

10. Chelle on December 26, 2012 at 6:13 pm

I think I may have made approximately 20 jars of the salted caramel sauce, mostly to give as Christmas gifts along with the hot fudge sauce and homemade marshmallows. I was *very* popular this year!

11. Laura Dembowski on December 26, 2012 at 11:00 pm

Those homemade Snickers bars look amazing as do all of the others. Another great year of great food!

12. Musing Mar on December 26, 2012 at 11:04 pm

Congratulations on another wonderful year of blogging. You are one of my blogger role models, and I thank you for all I’ve learned from you, not just the recipes but also about blogging!

• Michelle on December 27th, 2012 at 10:15 pm

Aw, thank you so much!

13. Chelsea {Whatcha Makin' Now?} on December 26, 2012 at 11:40 pm

Great idea for an end of year round up! I loved your Pumpkin Cheesecake, and so did everyone else in my family. I know it’s not from this year, but I made it this year. :)

14. Azzina on December 27, 2012 at 1:42 am

I thinks I would be addicted of your site. Such a marvelous post and yummy as well.

15. Sally - only gluten free baking on December 28, 2012 at 4:11 am

You’ve been so busy this year making so many fantastic foods. I think my favourite has been salted caramel sauce. Happy New Year and thank you for all the hard work you put into your wonderful blog.

16. Evelyna Sakura on January 5, 2013 at 7:55 am

All this looks amazing! I am going to be making your baked brownie tomorrow; that’s the one that makes my mouth water most of all.
    All these cakes, bread and other things that you make, can you use a hand mixer for them? I don’t have time enough to struggle with a spatula so….But I really love cooking and baking.

• Michelle on January 5th, 2013 at 9:44 pm

Hi Evelyna, Most things you can make with a hand mixer without a problem. Some of the stiffer yeast doughs are made easier with a dough hook and stand mixer, but you could always mix and knead those by hand.

17. jamiej on February 11, 2013 at 2:37 pm

I love the red velvet cheesecake!

18. Kim on February 15, 2013 at 12:03 pm

Cherry Coke Float Cupcakes! Yummo!!!

19. Stewardess on February 20, 2013 at 10:07 am

Just wanted to say great website…
    I found it whilst struggling to make the perfect cupcake for my daughters school party.
    Thanks again
    Cheers

20. Sonia on May 15, 2013 at 8:19 pm

Oh my, Have to try the salted caramel sauce!

21. Marina @ Let the Baking Begin! on June 4, 2013 at 1:34 am

All of your pictures look incredible!

22. LIsa on September 2, 2013 at 10:35 am

Your Blueberry Buckle is scrumptious!

23. phil on November 30, 2013 at 10:53 pm

I made the Turtle Cheesecake for thanksgiving, It came out perfect, everyone loved it and was thankful I made it.