31 Cinco de Mayo Recipes

Margarita Cupcakes -- 20 Cinco de Mayo Recipes

This coming Sunday is May 5th, Cinco de Mayo… the day that makes it perfectly acceptable to consume nothing but chips, salsa, guacamole, and margaritas for all the live long day. Quite a lovely foodie holiday, isn’t it? I’ve wrangled together a list of recipes that are perfect for celebrating this very festive Mexican holiday. There’s everything from appetizers to dinner and dessert; I’ve got all of your bases covered. Enjoy!

Appetizers

26. Caramel-Topped Flan
27. Dulce de Leche Cheesecake Squares
28. Fried Ice Cream
29. Margarita Cupcakes
30. Salted Mexican Chocolate-Chile Caramels
31. Tres Leches Cake

What are some of your favorite recipes for Cinco de Mayo??

26 Responses to “31 Cinco de Mayo Recipes”

1. Meg on May 1, 2013 at 2:19 am

Oh my goodness this list is incredible!! What to choose!! I love food-based celebrations and having recently become gluten intolerant, Mexican is my new best friend. I love making tostada stacks with shredded beef or Crispy Carnitas!!!!

2. Emma on May 1, 2013 at 5:35 am

Not gonna lie…just added everything on here (that I didn’t already have) to my recipe list…the margarita cupcakes have been on my list since forever….I’m determined to make them this weekend!!

• AndreaL on May 1st, 2013 at 10:42 am

You will not regret making them – I hate to admit that I am not a huge margarita fan but these cupcakes were to die for! :)

3. Holly @ EatGreatBEGreat on May 1, 2013 at 8:34 am

Oy my…what a fantastic lit of recipes! I don’t even know where to begin…they all sound amazing!

4. Tracy | Peanut Butter and Onion on May 1, 2013 at 9:19 am

holy overload… I don’t know which one to start with!!!

5. Tieghan on May 1, 2013 at 9:21 am

Amazing round up!! Mexican food is so delish!

6. Courtney @ Pizzazzerie on May 1, 2013 at 9:53 am

Love this list! What a great round-up! I’m loving some churro truffles I recently made (really churro ANYTHING has me drooling). :)

7. Marcie @ flavor the moments on May 1, 2013 at 10:21 am

I love Cinco de Mayo just so I can eat all kinds of food such as this! You’ve got a lot of great recipes here.

8. Modern Jane on May 1, 2013 at 10:41 am

Those lime cupcakes look amazing!

9. Amy | Club Narwhal on May 1, 2013 at 10:47 am

You, Michelle, are an utter genius! Fajitas enchiladas? Dulce de leche cheesecake squares? I don’t even know what to say, except that I’m drooling just clicking through these recipes. I cannot wait to try these out!

10. Gloria @ Simply Gloria on May 1, 2013 at 11:00 am

Love the selection you chose! Love any holiday that requires to chow down on such delicious food!

11. Pamela @ Brooklyn Farm Girl on May 1, 2013 at 11:05 am

What a great list, some of my favorite foods in the world! Want to try those shrimp bites! MMMM!

12. Georgia @ The Comfort of Cooking on May 1, 2013 at 12:40 pm

Such a great round up for Cinco de Mayo! I’ve got to check out your chili recipes – it’s one of my favorite meals!

13. Rayna on May 1, 2013 at 1:33 pm

What a great list! I love Cinco de Mayo, and I’m always struggling to find new recipes. Thank you for making it!

14. Tracy @A2ZMommy on May 1, 2013 at 2:37 pm

Guess who just started a serious grocery list?! These all look amazing.

15. Meagan @ Scarletta Bakes on May 1, 2013 at 2:45 pm

What a lovely roundup! Thank you for all the luscious Cinco ideas!

16. Gary on May 1, 2013 at 3:06 pm

I use your tres leche cake recipe but skip the frosting and serve dulche de leche and raspberries on the side. Gets raves. Thanks.

17. Jodi @ My Sugar Coated Life on May 2, 2013 at 2:09 am

What a great list! My husband & I had our first date on Cinco de Mayo 19 years ago so we always like to do something special.

18. buttercream bakehouse on May 2, 2013 at 6:14 am

I did an awesome collection on my blog for Cinco De Mayo recipes too and added your cupcakes to the list. Of course! Thanks for the inspiration.

19. Ellie@Fit for the Soul on May 2, 2013 at 6:35 pm

Omygoodnessss I really want to try all of those appetizers! I’m not even a fan of bacon and I wouldn’t mind trying those bacon wrapped jalapenos. :) And what a gorgeous picture of the cupcake~

20. Laura on May 5, 2013 at 10:58 am

Yummy!

21. Ugo Colombo Miami on May 6, 2013 at 9:31 am

Thanks for the list of recipes. These all seem like great ideas for Cinco De Mayo.

22. Maria on May 8, 2013 at 2:30 pm

I made the Margarita cup cakes for Cinco De Mayo this past weekend and they were delicious! All 12 cupcakes were gone by the end of the party. Great recipe! Thanks!

23. ghd straightener cheap on October 18, 2013 at 5:17 am

Hey there! I’ve been reading your website for some time now and finally got the
    bravery to go ahead and give you a shout out from Kingwood
    Texas! Just wanted to tell you keep up the fantastic work!

24. Heidi on March 31, 2014 at 10:23 pm

I make your Margarita Cupcakes a lot but when I make them the wrapper always peels away from the cupcake. This is the only cupcake that, that happens with. Any idea why it does this? By the way these cupcakes are AMAZING!!

• Michelle on April 1st, 2014 at 6:05 pm

Hi Heidi, Other people have mentioned this, but it has never happened to me. I only use paper liners; if yours have a waxy interior, that might be the culprit.