Cookies and Cream White Chocolate Bark

Cookies and Cream Oreo Chocolate Bark | browneyedbaker.com #recipe

My grandfather’s birthday always falls quite close to Father’s Day, so my grandma usually holds a dual celebration to commemorate both events. The one thing that stuck in my head every time we would visit my grandparents, is how much my grandpap really adored Oreo cookies. There was always a cookie jar filled to the brim in their kitchen, and it never held anything other than Oreos. As a result, for the last handful of years, I’ve tried to concoct different desserts using Oreo cookies for our June celebrations.

I’m a huge fan of chocolate bark and all of its variations (although I suspect my favorite will always be peppermint bark – it’s just not Christmas without it!), as much for the flavor as for the simplicity of the preparation. It doesn’t get much easier than melt chocolate, spread on baking sheet, sprinkle with delicious add-ins. That’s it!

Cookies and Cream Oreo Chocolate Bark | browneyedbaker.com #recipe

For this Oreo chocolate bark, I used white chocolate, as I think it’s a good pair for those iconic chocolate sandwich cookies, but if you prefer a different type of chocolate, by all means, go for it!

If you love Oreos, or know someone who does, this 10-minute recipe is well worth the minimal effort! A tin filled with this bark would make a fabulous homemade Father’s Day present, or a great “just because” gift on any old day of the week.

Cookies and Cream Oreo Chocolate Bark | browneyedbaker.com #recipe

One year ago: Peanut Butter Nanaimo Bars
Two years ago: Mojito Cupcakes
Three years ago: Sweet and Salty Brownies
Four years ago: Pea in a Pod Baby Shower Cookies

Cookies and Cream White Chocolate Bark

Yield: 12 to 16 servings

Prep Time: 10 minutes

Total Time: 10 minutes

The perfect gift for the biggest Oreo lover you know!

Ingredients:

16 ounces white chocolate, finely chopped
20 Double Stuff Oreo Cookies, coarsely chopped

Directions:

1. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper; set aside.

2. Place the chopped chocolate in a medium bowl and either melt over a double boiler or melt in the microwave on 50% power in 30-second increments, stirring after each.

3. Once the chocolate is melted, pour it onto the parchment-lined sheet and spread it into a roughly 9-inch square. Sprinkle the chopped Oreos on top of the chocolate and gently press them into the chocolate. Refrigerate until set, about 30 minutes. The bark can be kept in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.

21 Responses to “Cookies and Cream White Chocolate Bark”

1. Averie @ Averie Cooks on June 5, 2014 at 12:06 am

Bark with Oreos, I’m a huge fan! This looks great and I love white chocolate! pinned

2. Ami@NaiveCookCooks on June 5, 2014 at 1:07 am

I love oreos so much that I can’t even buy a packet. I always end up finishing it in a day or two with a glass of chilled milk!! This bark is just perfection!

3. Belinda@themoonblushbaker on June 5, 2014 at 1:27 am

Oreos are the best thing for bark! love the contrast of colours; makes candy so fancy. I use these for fancy nibbles at parties they are THAT good.

4. Tashiana on June 5, 2014 at 1:48 am

I’m in LOVEEEEEEE *_* These look like a creamy chocolate dream come true. That pic is insane.

5. Samina | The Cupcake Confession on June 5, 2014 at 6:01 am

White chocolate bark studded with Oreos???? How can one resist these beauties? *-*

6. Melanie @ Carmel Moments on June 5, 2014 at 9:53 am

Oh yum! It’s like eating a huge dose of Hershey’s cookies and cream bar. Perfection!

7. Jessica @ A Kitchen Addiction on June 5, 2014 at 10:36 am

My dad loves Oreos! I’ll have to remember this for Father’s Day!

8. Kelly on June 5, 2014 at 11:18 am

Anything with Oreos… count me in! Looks yummy!

9. Elyse on June 5, 2014 at 11:33 am

Oh yummmm! What a great idea for gifts, too! So easy, but looks so fancy! I’m always strapped for money and this is totally going to be my inexpensive gifts for the year!

10. Jenny F on June 5, 2014 at 1:39 pm

I just made your Toffee Pretzel Bark today. :-) This Oreo recipe looks yummy too.

11. sameep@onlinecakenetwork.com on June 5, 2014 at 1:50 pm

Yummy! I tried it and my friends loved it. thanku for this recipe ::))

12. Matt Robinson on June 5, 2014 at 4:04 pm

I could not resist these, simply amazing. Such a perfect bark!

13. Angelyn @ Everyday Desserts on June 5, 2014 at 4:30 pm

I adore Oreos too – this bark looks perfect!

14. Heather @ My Overflowing Cup on June 5, 2014 at 6:39 pm

I think the white chocolate was a great call with the Oreos. Another great recipe! Thanks for keeping us fed with great ideas. :)

15. Arianne on June 5, 2014 at 10:43 pm

Oh my gosh, I’ve bookmarking this post.. This is my WEAKNESS! I’ve never tried this so it should be fun. Knowing me, it might turn out disastrous, but hopefully still yummy.

16. Domenica on June 6, 2014 at 2:59 am

This bark looks wonderful! What white chocolate would you recommend using?

• Michelle on June 6th, 2014 at 11:40 am

Hi Domenica, I would recommend a high-quality white chocolate like Valrhona, Lindt or Ghiradelli.

17. Mir on June 6, 2014 at 10:05 am

I love bark! It’s simple to make but so fancy-looking and delicious to boot!
    And with Oreos…thank you thank you!

18. marcie on June 6, 2014 at 10:10 am

The white chocolate makes this bark look extra amazing because of the color contrast — I love the light and dark! I love chocolate bark, and this looks like such a delicious combination!

19. Cheryl on June 6, 2014 at 7:33 pm

That looks luscious!

20. Laura (Tutti Dolci) on June 8, 2014 at 8:37 pm

I love the textures in this bark!