1. My Chief Culinary Consultant and I are officially in our new home! We closed and started moving last Wednesday, so it’s been 9 days now in our new digs. To say it’s been hectic and exhausting is an understatement. We still have quite a bit to move and get organized, as well as some larger house projects, but it’s definitely beginning to feel more like home!
2. I took the above photo of my boxes of sprinkles and chocolate as I was organizing my new pantry. I was doing this before I had even a fraction of my clothes moved. Priorities, right?!
3. Also, if you happen to own stock in Target, Lowes or Bed, Bath & Beyond… you’re welcome.
4. I haven’t done much in the way of breaking in my new kitchen yet since we’ve been living off of leftover pizza, hoagies, food our parents brought us, etc. So far, I’ve boiled water and cooked eggs and sausage. It’s a start! I think my oven needs to churn out a batch of chocolate chip cookies (or a pizza) soon!
5. My sister sent us an Edible Arrangements basket full of fresh fruit (including some chocolate-covered strawberries, pineapple and banana) the first day we were at the house. It was such an awesome idea; if you know someone moving into a new house, I highly recommend it! We didn’t have any groceries yet, pots and pans weren’t unpacked, so it was perfect to just open the fridge and be able to grab some fresh fruit.
6. Have you seen “The Ultimate Office Blooper Reel“? If you were a fan of The Office, you’ll love it. It’s two hours long! It was one of my favorite shows for many years, and I was bummed to see it come to an end.
7. I’ve been searching around for a good dog bed for Einstein. If you have any recommendations, I’d love to hear them! He’s a Golden Retriever, so the bed would need to be available in a large size.
8. Tomorrow is my final beginner golf lesson, where we go out and play nine holes of par 3 golf. I’m excited to play and see how I do… Fingers crossed that I don’t lose all of my golf balls in the woods!
9. And then there were four… I’m ready for the Stanley Cup conference finals to finally start! Pittsburgh is taking on Boston… it’s a good thing that Tracey and I like each other so much, or it could get ugly!
10. TGIF! Have a snuggly weekend!