Apple Cranberry Bread
This apple cranberry bread is incredibly easy, packed with apples, has a little tartness from the cranberries, is super moist and a fall baking staple!
I can’t tell you how thrilled I am with how many of you sent me your favorite fall and holiday recipes. Seriously, I got hundreds of emails and I’ve loved reading through each and every recipe, the back story, family history… I love, love, LOVE it! I have tons of my own family recipes, stacks of cookbooks and magazines, and of course there’s Pinterest, but it’s been such a treat to find out which recipes YOU and your family treasures. I’ve uncovered tons of amazing recipes and am looking forward to sharing them with you over the coming months, starting with this apple cranberry bread!
Thanks to Colleen for sending this to me! When I received the recipe, I already had a bag of fresh cranberries in the freezer and too many apples in my refrigerator, so it took me about five seconds to decide to make it. It’s such an easy, simple recipe that is absolutely bursting with fall flavors!
Like most quick breads, this apple cranberry bread can be mixed together in virtually no time at all. It bakes up studded with chopped apples and fresh cranberries, and might be the moistest bread I’ve ever eaten!
The recipe called for making this in a 9×5-inch loaf pan, which I did. The slices are a little short, which was a sweet reminder of my grandma’s banana bread – they were the exact same way! If you’d prefer taller slices, I think you could use an 8×4-inch loaf pan and increase the baking time without an issue.
My husband and I loved this bread so much that it didn’t last for any other family members to try… we polished it off within 24 hours! We’re usually pretty good at rationing, so when things disappear crazy fast, you know we REALLY loved it. I hope you will, too!
One year ago: Apple Cupcakes with Cinnamon-Cream Cheese Frosting
Six years ago: Bacon Onion Cheddar Biscuits
Apple Cranberry Bread
This apple cranberry bread is incredibly easy, packed with apples, super moist and a fall baking staple!
- 2 cups peeled, cored and chopped apple (about 2 medium apples, your favorite variety)
- ¾ cup (149 grams) granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 egg
- 1½ cups (213 grams) all-purpose flour
- 1½ teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup (99 grams) fresh or frozen cranberries
- ½ cup (57 grams) chopped walnuts (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 9×5-inch loaf pan.
- In a large bowl, stir together the apples, sugar and oil. Add the egg and mix well. Sift the flour, baking powder, baking soda and cinnamon into the apple mixture. Stir just until the dry ingredients are moist. Gently stir in the cranberries and walnuts (if using).
- Turn the batter into the prepared loaf pan and spread into an even layer (it is a very thick batter, almost like cookie dough). Bake until golden brown and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, 35 to 45 minutes. Cool for 15 minutes in the pan, then turn out onto a cooling rack to cool completely. Leftover bread should be wrapped in plastic wrap and stored at room temperature for up to 3 days.