Friday Things #410
1. These three… 💙💙💖
2. Oh hi, Isabelle looks like a teenager, nothing to see here…
3. Knitting update! I finished my first scarf, which was done in the garter stitch (all knit stitches). I ended up somehow adding an extra stitch halfway through and had some bubbles, but overall was so happy and proud of how it turned out.
I’m now working on another one that’s in seed stitch (alternating knit and purl stitches). I think I had to unravel it at least four or five times because I was messing up bringing the yarn to the front before each purl stitch, but now that I’ve gotten the hang of it, it’s going really well.
4. I saw this week that the Paramount streaming network is going to air a reunion of the original cast of MTVs Real World. Just reading about it took me back to that time (I think it was 1992?) – I was in middle school – and I kept thinking about how different the world was. We recorded songs on a cassette tape from the radio, we watched My So-Called Life while waiting to go to school dances, ran to check the answering machine or voicemail when we got home to see if anyone had called… so different! Then I realized that it was nearly 30 years ago now and me thinking about that time in my life would have been the same as my parents, while I was a kid in the 80s, thinking back to the late 50s/early 60s, and it absolutely blew my mind.
5. And on that note, this picture sums up my elementary school years 🤣 I can still vividly recall my mom creasing and folding and tucking those paper bags like a magician on our old kitchen table, covering alllll the books.
6. Have you found a great list of “must-read” books? Would love to see a collection of fiction (classics and recent bestsellers), non-fiction, biographies, etc. to put on my list! Really want to try to adopt a reading habit.
7. It’s getting to be that time of year… Lucky Charms Marshmallow Treats!
8. I try really hard to take care of loose ends around the house if it’s something that can be done quickly, and these are some great reminders >> 20 One-Minute Habits for a Clutterfree Home
9. Are you watching anything new? We finished X Company (Hulu), which is one of the better shows we’ve watched recently – we were both really into it. Then, we hopped back into the latest season of Harrow (also Hulu), but didn’t realize it’s currently in progress, so we only got 2 episodes in and now we have to wait for a new one to air. So to fill the time, we started watching Endeavor (Amazon Prime), which is a British detective drama set in the 1960s. We really like it!
10. TGIF! Our pups sure enjoyed the sunshine we had this week!