Peanut Butter Lover’s Monster Cookies
These peanut butter monster cookies amp up the peanut butter flavor with peanut butter chips and Reese’s Pieces!
Have you heard of monster cookies? If you have not yet been acquainted, they boast a peanut butter dough that is loaded to the brim with oats, chocolate chips and M&M’s. On top of that, they’re baked up BIG. If you know me at all, you know this is a huge selling point for me for any cookie! Suffice it to say, monster cookies are pretty phenomenal.
Back in the fall I turned monster cookies into a bar treat and made monster cookie bars, which were great for feeding a crowd! As soon as I made them, I immediately got the wheels turning on a major peanut butter version because there was so much potential! I finally got around to making it happen and, let me tell you, if you love peanut butter, you are going to go bonkers over these cookies!
I used the same peanut butter-based dough and kept it loaded with oats, but I gave a big peanut butter oomph to all of the add-ins. I cut the chocolate chips in half and added peanut butter chips, and swapped the M&M’s for Reese’s Pieces because if you’re a peanut butter lover, Reese’s Pieces trumps plain M&M’s every single day of the week.
These peanut butter monster cookies turned out even better than I had hoped. The cookies are slightly soft but thick and substantial, they have a ton of chewy texture from the oats, and there is so much peanut butter flavor, along with a bit of chocolate, as well. Perfection!
If you’re a fellow peanut butter lover, you’re going to adore these cookies! Get baking!
Peanut Butter Lover's Monster Cookies
- ½ cup (113.5 g) unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1 cup (220 g) light brown sugar
- ½ cup (129 g) creamy peanut butter
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- ¾ cup (93.75 g) all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon (0.25 teaspoon) baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- ¼ teaspoon (0.25 teaspoon) salt
- 1½ cups (121.5 g) old-fashioned oats
- ½ cup (90 g) semisweet chocolate chips
- ½ cup (85 g) peanut butter chips
- 1 cup (188 g) Reese's Pieces candies
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, baking powder, cornstarch and salt; set aside.
- Using an electric mixer, beat the butter, brown sugar and peanut butter on medium speed until light and fluffy, about 3 to 4 minutes. Add the egg and vanilla extract and beat to combine.
- Reduce the mixer speed to low and slowly add the flour mixture to the wet ingredients and mix until just combined. Using a rubber spatula, stir in the oats, chocolate chips, peanut butter chips, and Reese's Pieces candies by hand.
- Measure out ¼ cup balls of dough and place them on the baking sheets, at least 2 inches apart. Flatten slightly with the palm of your hand. Bake until the edges are just starting to brown and the top still looks slightly undercooked, about 11 to 13 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and cool for 5 minutes on the baking sheet before transferring them to a wire rack to cool completely. Cookies can be stored in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 4 days.