OREO Rice Krispies Treats

OREO Rice Krispies Treats | browneyedbaker.com #recipe

This past Sunday, our friends came over for a visit with their 3-year-old and 6-month-old girls. We planned a light lunch since they had dinner plans, and I immediately started brainstorming what I could serve.

Here’s the thing. I have zero experience with toddlers. As in, zero. My sister and I are two years apart and all of my cousins were born in relatively close proximity to me, so we were all kids at the same time. No one in my family or my Chief Culinary Consultant’s family have had babies. Long story short, I drew a huge blank as to what to serve a 3-year-old, and all I knew was that she’s picky and has no allergies.

OREO Rice Krispies Treats | browneyedbaker.com #recipe

In the end, I decided to do cut up veggies and ranch for dipping, pretzels, hot dogs wrapped in crescent rolls (they were a bigger hit with the adults than the toddler!), mac and cheese, and these Rice Krispies treats for something sweet. You should have seen her eyes light up when I said Oreos! Needless to say, these were a huge hit with everyone, and one was definitely not enough.

OREO Rice Krispies Treats | browneyedbaker.com #recipe

I love this recipe for Rice Krispies treats, as it yields really huge, bakery-style treats. And really, what dessert is not improved by the addition of Oreo cookies?

Exactly. Trust the 3-year-old.

OREO Rice Krispies Treats | browneyedbaker.com #recipe

One year ago: Buttery Honey Beer Bread
Two years ago: Italian Easter Bread
Three years ago: Lemon Poppy Seed Muffins
Four years ago: Easter Egg Sugar Cookies

Cookies and Cream Rice Krispies Treats

Yield: 24 treats

Prep Time: 5 minutes

Cook Time: 5 minutes

Total Time: 10 minutes

Huge, bakery-style Rice Krispies treats loaded with chopped Oreo cookies.

Ingredients:

½ cup unsalted butter
8 cups miniature marshmallows
10 cups Rice Krispies cereal
20 Double Stuff Oreo Cookies, coarsely chopped

Directions:

1. Grease a 9x13-inch pan; set aside.

2. Melt the butter in a large pot over medium-low heat. Add the marshmallows and stir until completely melted. Reduce the heat to low and stir in the Rice Krispies, then fold in the chopped Oreo cookies.

3. Turn the mixture into the prepared pan and press into an even layer. Allow to set at room temperature until firm, 30 minutes to 1 hour. Cut into squares and serve. Store leftovers at room temperature in an airtight container for up to 4 days.

(Recipe adapted from Comfy in the Kitchen)

29 Responses to “OREO Rice Krispies Treats”

1. Rachael on April 2, 2014 at 12:21 am

Hi,
    These look amazing and I have to make them today! Do you know roughly how many grams of marshmallows is in 8 cups? and also is 8 cups rice krispies just 1 full big box?

• Michelle on April 2nd, 2014 at 3:22 pm

Hi Rachael, I don’t know how many grams are 8 cups of marshmallows, but it was about 12-14 ounces (I used an entire 10-ounce bag, and about ⅓ of another). The recipe calls for 10 cups of Rice Krispies, not 8, and I bought the biggest box they sold, and came nowhere close to using all of it.

• Betti@Stuttgart on April 2nd, 2014 at 5:22 pm

Hi Rachael, I have to convert US measurements to metric quite often. For this recipe, take a metric measuring cup and measure 240 ml for 1 cup of Rice Krispies cereal. Do that ten times in total. Here in Germany, we are used to weighing in grams, but for this recipe to work, you need to measure the cereal in volume. I hope that helps!

• Rachael on April 2nd, 2014 at 7:36 pm

Thanks for the help I am in Australia so we measure in both cups and grams i just normally prefer grams as i find it is more accurate but in this case i will use cup measures :)

2. Hari Chandana on April 2, 2014 at 3:56 am

These look absolutely good and tempting.. great idea!

3. Amy @ the anorexic chef on April 2, 2014 at 4:01 am

These looks so good! Such a simple but effective idea!

4. Chloe @ foodlikecake on April 2, 2014 at 7:32 am

These look awesome! You’re right, nothing can’t be improved with oreos!

5. bridget {bake at 350} on April 2, 2014 at 9:32 am

Everything IS better with Oreos! ;) Sounds like the perfect dinner…for toddlers AND the grown-ups!

6. Caroline {TheBarbeeHousewife} on April 2, 2014 at 10:08 am

I love adding oreos to dessert, so delicious!

7. Liz @ Tip Top Shape on April 2, 2014 at 10:26 am

I love all these rice krispie treat recipes going around with cookies in them. Just genius!!

8. Cate @ Chez CateyLou on April 2, 2014 at 11:17 am

3 year olds really have the best taste sometimes, don’t they?! These look delicious! I love the idea of putting oreos into a classic rice krispies treat!

9. Katrina @ Warm Vanilla Sugar on April 2, 2014 at 1:09 pm

Oh man, this looks so good!! I love rice krispie treats and I love Oreo’s!! Why not throw them together?!

10. Joshua Hampton on April 2, 2014 at 1:24 pm

Trust the 3-year-old. Haha. No wiser words have been said. Krispies with oreos is genius.

11. Gloria @ Baking By Night on April 2, 2014 at 2:29 pm

You have just combined two of my very favourite treats! This is a must try. Wish I saw the recipe before I went grocery shopping – I could have been making them now!

12. Janell on April 2, 2014 at 5:05 pm

Love your site…love the recipes…but could you change your daily e-mail back to include the recipe? I like to see the ingredients without having to open up the web page.
    Thanks!

13. Ilona @ Ilona's Passion on April 2, 2014 at 8:18 pm

Perfect Krispies with oreo’s, I should make it for my boys.

14. Mercedes on April 2, 2014 at 8:37 pm

I made these at the beginning of the school year (based on my own recipe) and they were a HUGE hit with the college students I work with! Definitely need to make them again!

15. marcie on April 2, 2014 at 9:01 pm

Kids know best sometimes, especially when it comes to dessert! What a great idea adding Oreos to an already fun kid’s treat. :)

16. Elisa on April 2, 2014 at 10:22 pm

I’ve made Rice Krispie treats with the Napoleon Oreos before and where amaaazing!
    Excited to try with the original ones.

17. Karen on April 3, 2014 at 12:08 pm

Oh, MY!! Why I never thought of this, I don’t know…. Thank you!!

18. Shikha @ Shikha la mode on April 3, 2014 at 6:53 pm

I feel like Oreos are a secret weapon in desserts – so good!

19. Shirley on April 5, 2014 at 5:28 pm

I made this recipe for a treat for my co-workers. This variation of rice krispie treats is out of this world! They turned out with perfect texture and moisture. Also, they are nice and high and tightly condensed. The flavor is yummy! These are a keeper. My co-workers were very happy I decided to experiment on them with a new recipe. There was not one left.

20. Lauren on April 8, 2014 at 9:14 am

Love love love!!

21. Laura Dembowski on April 9, 2014 at 8:46 am

Who doesn’t love a good Rice Krispies treat? Adding Oreos surely makes them even bettwr

22. Nicole on April 10, 2014 at 3:00 pm

OK! I bought the mega stuffed oreos, added a little extra butter and pure vanilla and molded them in a 9 by 9 pan and THEY WERE AMAZING! Tall, beautiful and I normally hate rice krispie treats. Its the texture that gags me..lol. But these just melt in your mouth and my husband ate half the pan in one day :) From one recipe obssessed person to another…these are worth breaking from healthy eating for a moment :)

23. Roda on April 11, 2014 at 3:48 am

I tried this recipe! Its so delicious! My husband loves it :)

24. Alice on June 5, 2014 at 3:17 pm

I made these for the 20+ guys I work with and they DEVOURED them! As Rice Krispie treat recipes go, this one is fantastic! The proportions are perfect. Great height and texture. The extra Oreo filling in the double stuff adds to the creamy texture and vanilla taste. Probably one of the absolute best krispie treats I’ve ever made! They are a huge hit and will be on the regular rotation of weekly cookie bakes! Thank you so much!

25. Andrea on June 25, 2014 at 7:44 am

Hi there, could I use ordinary Oreos? I live in a Spain and haven’t seen the double stuffed Oreos you are talking about. Thanks

• Michelle on June 26th, 2014 at 11:08 am