15 Recipes Readers Are Relying On Right Now
A quick recap of the recipes readers have been making the most over the last month while everyone is spending more time at home with limited access to regular groceries.
It’s hard to believe that it’s been over a month now since most of us have been self-quarantining, self-isolating, sheltering place, and whatever else you want to call it. How is everyone doing food-wise?
I’ve gathered up all of the recipes on the site that have been getting an enormous amount of usage over the last month. Not surprisingly, there is a lot of BREAD BAKING going on! There are other types of recipes on this list, and perhaps you’ll find a new one that you’ll want to tackle while spending time at home.
Don’t forget to share some of your favorite recipes in the comments below!
1. My Favorite White Bread Recipe – Hundreds of thousands of you have made this bread over the last month, confirming how unbelievably easy it is and how perfectly it turns out each and every time.
2. Ciabatta Bread – Lots of folks are experimenting with this delicious Italian bread, as well.
4. Italian Bread – If you’re looking for a classic, bakery-style Italian bread with a crusty exterior and soft and chewy crumb, this recipe is absolute perfection.
5. Grandma’s Banana Nut Bread – If you overbought on bananas and want to whip up a classic, old-fashioned banana bread, you’ll love this. If you want to kick things up a notch, try my peanut butter-banana bread with chocolate chips.
6. Fluffy and Crisp Buttermilk Waffles – We just made them last week and now that every day feels like a weekend, no excuses to put these off another day!
7. Garlic-Herb & Parmesan Roasted Red Potatoes – My all-time favorite roasted potato recipe; they’re loaded with flavor and are buttery crisp.
8. Homemade Soft Pretzels – The boys and I made a batch of these during our first week of quarantine and it looks like many of you have tackled them, as well. They’re so good!
9. The Best Meat Sauce – My father-in-law’s legendary meat sauce is a must for keeping in the freezer, quarantine or no quarantine. Sub out the meat mixture with whatever is available or you can omit it totally.
10. Wacky Cake – This recipe hails from World War II and was popular because it requires no eggs, milk, or butter… and here we are. Crazy times! This is a delicious chocolate cake and I top it with a simple vanilla buttercream.
11. Copycat Krispy Kreme Doughnuts – Another great baking bucket list item to cross off the list. If you can’t get to your usual doughnut spot, whip up a batch at home!
12. Authentic Beef Enchiladas – If you’re craving Mexican comfort food, look no further than this recipe. So many robust flavors.
13. The Best Old-Fashioned Sticky Buns Recipe – Yesss make it a weekend morning any day of the week; these are so caramel-y and sticky and delicious.
14. Apple Turnovers From Scratch – Easier than you’d think to make, so grab a few extra apples and get baking!
15. Better Than “Anything” Cake – Hands down, my all-time favorite dessert to make with a box cake mix. If you have one in your pantry, treat yourself to this delicious cake.
A quick request! >> I would LOVE if you would share the recipes you’ve been making and enjoying during these crazy times in the comments below, xo