Thanksgiving Leftover Recipes
Repurpose all of that leftover turkey, stuffing and mashed potatoes with these Thanksgiving leftover recipes.
Thanksgiving is TOMORROW! Can you believe it?!
In my family, it wouldn’t be Thanksgiving without being able to stock up on at least a couple of days worth of leftovers once dinner is finished. I always factor leftovers into my menu planning and make sure to have disposable containers on hand so that guests can fill them up after dinner.
In the event that you are pretty much over the turkey, stuffing, and mashed potatoes once you roll home on Thanksgiving night, I’m sharing some recipes that will utilize those leftovers. They may be leftovers, but you’ll get brand new dishes out of them!
Don’t forget to cap these off with some leftover pumpkin pie! :)
1. How to Make Homemade Turkey Stock – Whatever you do, don’t throw away that carcass! This takes virtually no hands-on time, and your freezer will be stocked for months to come.
2. Thanksgiving Leftovers Casserole – My grandma used to make this all of the time, not just after Thanksgiving. It doesn’t look like much, but I promise it’s delicious!
3. Turkey, Mushroom & Wild Rice Soup – It went from 70 degrees to full-on blustery winter within a few days here, so a bowl of hot soup would be perfect for the weekend.
4. Turkey Pot Pie – My friend made this last weekend after doing a turkey practice run, and she texted me telling me how much her husband LOVED this. It’s a winner!
5. Turkey Tetrazzini – Hands down, my favorite way to repurpose the turkey!
6. Cheesy Chicken, Broccoli & Rice Casserole – Just substitute turkey for the chicken! And if you really want to get crazy, chop up some leftover Brussels sprouts instead of using broccoli and maybe even stuffing in place of rice?! [And while we’re at it, you can check out my chicken archives for some other soups and casseroles that would be conducive to replacing with turkey!]
Q: What is your favorite way to use up Thanksgiving leftovers?