Miniature Italian Meatloaves

Meatloaves!

(sorry for the dark pics tonight)

A classic American dish with more varieties than Heinz 57 (yes, a shameless plug for my hometown!). These individual-sized meatloaves cooked up significantly faster than a large traditional meatloaf and the seasoning mix made them taste like huge meatballs! An additional benefit is having leftovers ready to go and not needing to be sliced up.

I served these with garlic mashed potatoes – the recipe is also posted below.

Teeny Tiny Italian Meatloaves
(adapted from Amber’s Delectable Delights)

1 lb. ground beef
1 egg, beaten
1 cup spaghetti sauce, divided
1/2 cup mozzarella cheese
1/2 cup Italian style breadcrumbs
1/4 onion, grated
1 teaspoon garlic powder
Salt & pepper to taste

1) Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

2) Gently mix 3/4 cup spaghetti sauce with the remaining ingredients.

3) Divide into four equal portions and form into desired shape. Place onto greased baking pan.

4) Smother each loaf with remaining spaghetti sauce and top with extra mozzarella cheese.

5) Bake for 40-50 minutes or until internal temperature reaches 160 degrees.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Garlic Mashed Potatoes

4 medium sized red potatoes (about 3.5 cups cubed), scrubbed
3 cloves garlic, peeled
1/4 cup milk
1 tablespoon butter
2 tablespoons parmesan cheese
Salt & pepper to taste

1) Cube potatoes and place in pot with peeled garlic cloves. Cover with water. Bring to a boil and then simmer for about 20 minutes; drain.

2) Place in a bowl with remaining ingredients and mash or beat with electric mixer.

11 Responses to “Miniature Italian Meatloaves”

1. Carrie on August 20, 2007 at 8:45 pm

These look GREAT!! I love mashed taters!

2. Mom on August 20, 2007 at 11:09 pm

These look great Chelle! I will have to give them a try.

3. Amber on August 21, 2007 at 8:13 pm

Looks wonderful. I am glad that you enjoyed the meatloaves.

4. Kayte on August 26, 2007 at 9:12 pm

this meal looks incredible! i want to lick the screen!

5. Jennifer on February 7, 2008 at 12:56 pm

Hey Michelle! I tried your Garlic Potatoe recipe. It was excellent! I did substitute Idaho for red potatoes, but was very pleased with the outcome. It’s so great you have this website!

6. Michelle on February 7, 2008 at 1:03 pm

Hey Jen, I’m glad you enjoyed the potatoes, and that you like my blog :)

7. Pingback: Toasted Almond and Candied Cherry Ice Cream | Brown Eyed Baker

8. Kim G on September 21, 2010 at 5:57 pm

Assembled these yesterday evening, covered with foil and baked them this evening. They were a hit with the family. Thanks for the simple, delicious recipe. I will definitely make them again!

• Michelle on September 22nd, 2010 at 7:28 pm

Kim, so glad you and your family enjoyed these!

9. Pingback: Cinnamon Sugar Pull-Apart Bread | Recipe collections