50 Easter Recipes

Although Easter is super-late this year, it seems like it has totally snuck up on me! I love this time of year, as Easter seems to usher in all of the light, bright and fresh flavors of the spring and summer. All that is heavy in the fall and winter gives way to fresh fruit, delicate pastries and airy textures. I’ve put together a recap of recipes that I think would be perfect for entertaining this Easter season – brunch and apps, side dishes, and of course tons of desserts. Enjoy perusing!

Do you have a favorite Easter recipe, traditional or otherwise?

To Quench the Thirst

Croissants
Cucumber-Tomato Bruschetta in Phyllo Cups
Fontina-Stuffed, Bacon-Wrapped Dates
Lemon Poppy Seed Muffins
Monkey Bread
Parmesan & Thyme Crackers
Pigu (an old family recipe!)

Side Dishes

Blackberry Pie Bars
Chocolate-Dipped Coconut Macaroons
Easter Egg Sugar Cookies
Lemon Bars
Lemon Burst Cookies
Peach Crumb Bars
Pizzelle (because I think they’re great for any holiday!)
Strawberry Pretzel Squares

Cupcakes

Banana Cupcakes with Vanilla Pastry Cream
Lemon-Limoncello Cupcakes
Tiramisu Cupcakes

Pies and Tarts

Blueberry Pie
Dutch Apple Pie
Lemon Meringue Pie
Orange Cream Tart
Peach Pie
Strawberry Tart

Ice Cream (to serve alongside those cakes and pies!)

Classic Vanilla Bean Ice Cream

17 Responses to “50 Easter Recipes”

1. jaclyn@lifeoftodayslady on April 12, 2011 at 1:09 am

After perusing, I now want to make:
    Carrot cake-definitely an easter dessert and how can you go wrong with cream cheese icing? Answer: You can’t!

Cranberry Orange Scones- love that combo

Strawberry Pretzel Squares- I’ve had my eye on that recipe for awhile now.

I could go on but I won’t because I’d basically be typing out the whole list!

2. Ruth on April 12, 2011 at 3:18 am

Thanks for such a brillitant list! We tend to eat lamb at easter, oh, and lots of chocolate!!

3. Maris (In Good Taste) on April 12, 2011 at 4:44 am

What an awesome list of food. Thanks so much for the tips!

4. Penny Wolf on April 12, 2011 at 6:51 am

We had a recipe like the nut roll recipe you posted in Jan. 2011. Mom always made
    a chocolate cake with 7 minute frosting usually decorated with green coconut for Easter dessert. Traditions change as the family has changed but welcomed memories prevail.

5. Claire @ Live and Love to Eat on April 12, 2011 at 8:24 am

I gave up sweets for Lent and your blog has been so tough to read — this is a great post to get me planning for Easter morning!

6. Robyn {Planet Byn} on April 12, 2011 at 11:01 am

i’m making butterscotch cream pie for easter dessert this year, and cupcakes for my nieces and nephews. can’t wait to hit wal-mart for cheap easter candy the next week!

7. Katrina on April 12, 2011 at 1:53 pm

Just reading the names of these makes my mouth water!..and I haven’t even checked them out yet! Off I go..

8. Happy When Not Hungry on April 12, 2011 at 6:23 pm

Your cut-out Easter cookies are adorable! Thank you for sharing all these wonderful Easter recipes as well!

9. gail smith on April 12, 2011 at 9:42 pm

We make Beet Eggs every Easter. You cook beets ( canned works) and put vinegar in them cooking , put peeled hard boiled eggs in with them and the soak up the juice and turn pink-red and TASTE DELICIOUS!!! I don’t like the BEETS!!! only the beet-eggs.

10. Si on April 13, 2011 at 12:08 am

Those Easter cookies are beautiful! Thanks for the list of brunch ideas. It’s my all time favorite meal!

11. Beth on April 13, 2011 at 12:58 am

These cookies are beautiful! And such a great list! You are a wonderful baker and i love all your recipes. Thanks for the extensive list. Almost too hard to choose just one!

12. Cookin' Canuck on April 13, 2011 at 11:37 am

Wonderful round-up, Michelle. I don’t know where to start!

13. Lori @ RecipeGirl on April 13, 2011 at 11:55 am

Such a great collection you have!!

14. Maria on April 13, 2011 at 12:20 pm

Great recipe roundup!

15. Kate from Scratch on April 13, 2011 at 7:11 pm

50 recipes! holy cannoli! Literally. haha! Happy Easter to you.

16. Kankana on April 13, 2011 at 8:50 pm

I am saving this page! Such awsm variety !

17. Jen on April 14, 2011 at 1:57 pm

Great pic! Thanks for the idea for decorating easter cookies! Great blog btw…hope you can check my blog out as well :)