10 Best Pumpkin Recipes

I can’t believe that it’s already October! Where did September go?! By and large, once October hits, I constantly have pumpkin on the brain. I love experimenting with new recipes, and wanted to share with you 10 of my all-time favorite pumpkin recipes. Everything from classic pie to whoopie pies and muffins, and tons of other goodies in between. I’ll be continuing to post pumpkin recipes throughout the rest of the season, but hopefully this list will keep you busy between new recipes :) Happy Pumpkin Baking!

Here they are, in alphabetical order:

1. Pumpkin Bread:

2. Pumpkin Cheesecake:

3. Pumpkin Cinnamon Chip & Pecan Granola Bars:

4. Pumpkin and Cream Cheese Muffins with Pecan Streusel:

5. Pumpkin Cupcakes with Cream Cheese Frosting:

6. Pumpkin Fudge:

7. Pumpkin Pie:

8. Pumpkin Pie Bars:

9. Pumpkin Scones with Spiced Glaze:

10. Pumpkin Whoopie Pies with Maple-Cream Cheese Filling:

What are some of your favorite pumpkin recipes??

54 Responses to “10 Best Pumpkin Recipes”

1. CouponClippingCook on October 3, 2011 at 1:41 am

These look so good. The cheese cake looks so rich and delicious…the muffins look so moist. Each one looks so tasty. Ok…I’m now totally craving something made with pumpkin.

2. Holiday Baker Man on October 3, 2011 at 1:55 am

I love this time of year if only for the Pumpkin.I even already have a pumpkin tart under (maybe a little over too) my belt! These all look awesome.

3. Kate Koger on October 3, 2011 at 2:43 am

Oh my goodness!!! I want to make all of them NOW and eat them all by myself and not share them with my family!!!! Well……I might give them a little taste!! ;) So on the agenda to make all of these!! Thanks for sharing them with us all xx

4. Maggie @ A Bitchin' Kitchen on October 3, 2011 at 4:06 am

All of these look so good…especially the cheesecake! I’m still holding out hope that my grocery store stocks pumpkin one of these days :(

I think we’re having a shortage here in Virginia.

• Penny Wolf on October 4th, 2011 at 8:40 pm

When we had a pumpkin shortage here in Ohio a couple of years back I used
      sweet potatoes for a stand in. It worked fine and flavor was close.

• jaz on October 10th, 2011 at 11:12 am

go to walmart, i live in va and thats where i got my canned pumpkin… and check a wegmans, they have everything!

5. Lauren at Keep It Sweet on October 3, 2011 at 6:07 am

I’d like to eat every single one of those!

6. Katrina on October 3, 2011 at 6:34 am

I love all things pumpkin. Thanks for the round up!

7. Conna on October 3, 2011 at 6:35 am

I have a problem. Don’t know which one to choose !!!!

8. The Café Sucré Farine on October 3, 2011 at 6:37 am

I can hardly wait for this time of the year to roll around so I can legitimately cook all kinds of pumpkin delights! These all look wonderful but I’m thinking the pumpkin bars might just be my favorite – of course it might be the pumpkin and candy corn in the picture!

9. Penny Wolf on October 3, 2011 at 7:04 am

Pumpkin pie is my number one! Pumpkin roll is high on the list along with a frosted pumpkin drop cookie. I have eaten some great pumpkin cookies but have no recipe of m own…yet.

10. Jennifer@Peanut Butter and Peppers on October 3, 2011 at 7:25 am

I love that your broke these down so I don’t have to save all your e-mails, now I can just save this post. I am still going to make the pumpkin scones! It’s on my list to do this week!!! Your pictures are gorgeous!!

11. Becki's Whole Life on October 3, 2011 at 7:33 am

Oh wow, yum – love this collection. The pumpkin scones look absolutely wonderful – I love pumpkin in morning treats.

12. The Doll Baker on October 3, 2011 at 8:13 am

Excellent collection. The pumpkin cream cheese muffins are my favorite. Yesterday, I made pumpkin pancakes, today I am attempting a pumpkin roll, and tomorrow I’m going for the whoopie pies!! Pumpkin Heaven ♥

13. Katie H on October 3, 2011 at 9:32 am

I made the pumpkin whoopie pies for Thanksgiving last year and they were such a big hit! Even my husband liked them (he is weird and doesn’t really like pumpkin – I think he still sees it as a veggie haha). But he is slowing coming around. I must make these again soon and I also really want to try your pumpkin cupcakes! Love your website and recipes!

14. joan on October 3, 2011 at 10:40 am

Love, pumpkin, Love your blog! Lovefinding a message from you in my e-mail every morning, especially Mondays. Here is a link to a wonderful pumpking soup recipe that I found last year. This would be great for Turkey Day. http://ketchuptochutney.wordpress.com/2009/10/15/harvest-pumpkin-soup/

15. Amanda V on October 3, 2011 at 10:45 am

My favorite pumpkin recipe is pumpkin pancakes! But I am definitely going to have to make those scones and muffins!

16. Delishhh on October 3, 2011 at 11:10 am

LOVE pumpkin – Love it – these are some awesome recipes. I have to try the pumpkin scones. I have two recipes that i love – the first one is pumpkin brownies – http://delishhh.com/2010/10/24/pumpkin-brownies/ love them and the second one i just make last week and it was Chocolate Chip pumpkin bread – http://delishhh.com/2011/09/30/chocolate-chip-pumpkin-bread/ and it only lasted a few hours in our house and already got more pumpkin to make some more of .

17. Rachel @Balance and Blueberries on October 3, 2011 at 1:11 pm

Oh my stars above, these look amazing! I love a good pumpkin cheesecake. There’s nothing like it :) I can’t wait to try your recipe!

18. Jennifer @ Jane Deere on October 3, 2011 at 1:42 pm

Pinned…Tweeted…shouted out to Facebook! I’m lovin’ the cream cheese filled pumpkin muffins…YUM!

19. sherri lynn @ life of a wife on October 3, 2011 at 1:51 pm

Oh I love pumpkin recipes! I recently made this pumpkin apple bread that was delicious!

20. Ally on October 3, 2011 at 3:22 pm

Even though all these recipes call for pumpkin as the feature ingredient, they are all very different recipes from one another which I love. Thanks for such an eclectic mix of pumpkin yummies!
    xo

21. Jen of My Tiny Oven on October 3, 2011 at 7:01 pm

The best thing about fall is all the lovely pumpkin recipes! These look amazing!
    I love you lists!

22. Ali Mc on October 3, 2011 at 7:32 pm

those ALL look amazing :D I recently tackled a pumpkin cheese cake and it was divine. I like pumpkin pancakes and pumpkin pie…..I think I’m gonna try pumpkin bread too!

23. Laura on October 3, 2011 at 9:36 pm

I am at Starbucks the first day the pumpkin spice lattes roll out each fall, so I am a sucker for autumnal, pumpkinny flavors. I love to add chocolate chips to my pumpkin bread and I always make sure there is more cinnamon and pumpkin pie spice than a recipe calls for. Can’t wait to try your pumpkin fudge!

24. Victoria on October 3, 2011 at 10:34 pm

I see lots of baking and lots of exercising in my future! I WILL try the Pumpkin Cheese Cream Muffins and the Whoopie Pie this week! Mmmm mm! Thanks for sharing!

25. Ann on October 3, 2011 at 11:48 pm

Everything looks delicious! With my cinnamon allergy, I rarely get to indulge in pumpkin baked goods, but I think I found a substitute for cinnamon my sister found in an old magazine in a waiting room while she was traveling (can you believe it?). Anyway, if it works, I’ll be making pumpkin EVERYTHING!

26. Valerie on October 4, 2011 at 3:46 am

Jeez… they all look great! I don’t know wich one to choose… well, maybe I’ll stay with pumpkin bread! And those muffin too! That filling make me go crazy haha

27. Cookin' Canuck on October 4, 2011 at 8:44 am

They all look so good, Michelle – but I think those pumpkin pie bars are calling my name.

28. Marcella Ketelhut on October 4, 2011 at 6:28 pm

Made the pumpkin scones this morning–delicious! Your blog is delightful; the recipes do-able, and the photography stunning. Scones came out a little more cakelike; few things I think I can do to correct next time. I didn’t cut them all the way through; only made initial cuts on top…but still really yummy…I’m hooked!

29. Amy Jo on October 5, 2011 at 12:33 am

I’ve made three of these: muffins, cupcakes, and scones. All were amazing. Looking forward to working my way through this list–the problem is I can’t choose what to do next!

30. Marisa on October 5, 2011 at 3:22 pm

These all look amazing, but THIS is the one pumpkin recipe I simply have to make this year – Pull-Apart Cinnamon Sugar Pumpkin Bread http://jessicainsd.blogspot.com/2011/09/pull-apart-cinnamon-sugar-pumpkin-bread.html#comment-form

It truly looks to die for!

31. Sippitysup on October 5, 2011 at 7:35 pm

I had to stop by and say congrats on the Food Buzz nominations. Well deserved. GREG

32. Janie on October 6, 2011 at 1:38 pm

Pumpkin pancakes or waffles!

33. tom (watkins products associate) on October 6, 2011 at 2:08 pm

I will take one of each please

34. Emmy (Wine and Butter) on October 6, 2011 at 3:09 pm

I Just found your website through the food buzz awards – and what totally mouthwatering pictures! Starbucks in the UK dont make those pumpkin cream cheese muffins so Im DESPERATE to get my paws on some – I may need to cook up a batch for a weekend treat! xox

35. Nancy P on October 6, 2011 at 3:55 pm

My condolences to you and your family Michelle.

• Michelle on October 10th, 2011 at 4:39 pm

Thank you, Nancy.

36. Paula Jo @ Home and Garden Decor on October 6, 2011 at 4:05 pm

All of these recipes look delicious! I was had the grocery store this morning, and even picked up a few cans of pumpkin. I get all excited this time of year for the taste of pumpkin. Thanks for the recipes and I’m sure going to make a few of them.

37. Sherri on October 6, 2011 at 4:28 pm

The pumpkin muffins with cream cheese filling look so delicious! Anything with cream cheese gets my vote. My favorites are pumpkin roll and pumpkin dip with ginger snaps. I love site!

38. Michelle on October 6, 2011 at 6:33 pm

Hi Michelle

just a question, my daughter just graduated from the Art Institue of Phil. and I would like to get her a KitchenAid mixer. She would like one that can grind meat, etc. I have an Artisan KitchenAid for at least 10 years and I love it. KitchenAid Pro has a 475 watt motor. Which would you suggest?

thank you!
    Michelle

ps
    I love your site! :)

• Michelle on October 10th, 2011 at 5:35 pm

Hi Michelle, Congratulations to your daughter! I had an Artisan for a few years and after kneading a lot of heavy dough, the motor started to go. My boyfriend gave me a Pro model for Christmas two years ago, and it’s a dream. I highly recommend going that route if you know she is going to be doing some heavy-duty baking (more than just typical cookies/muffins/etc.).

39. Alicia@ eco friendly homemaking on October 6, 2011 at 10:18 pm

These recipes look great but I especially like the looks of the pumpkin fudge and the pumpkin cheese cake! They look so delicious!!

40. Jason Phelps on October 7, 2011 at 2:29 pm

That’s a lot of pumpkin! I love transitioning into Fall in New England because there are so many squash and pumpkins around. Using fresh squash for all my recipes has taken many of them to such wonderful places.

I’ll be taking something from this lineup for a spin real soon.

Cheers!

Jason

41. Missy @SweetToothSweets on October 7, 2011 at 2:31 pm

Pumpkin sweets are one of my favorite things about this season. And all your ideas look so amazing my mouth is watering! I plan to try the pumpkin cupcake recipe this week. I made some pumpkin cookies with maple glaze icing for a party last year and they were a big hit. I think the cupcakes will be just as popular. Thanks for sharing!

42. Charlotte @ Weekends So Sweet on October 7, 2011 at 4:22 pm

YUM! I can’t wait to try some of these. My personal favorite is super easy and lazy… I just mix a can of pumpkin with a box of cake mix and voila! Pumpkin Muffins/Cupcakes! Top with a drizzle of glaze or cream cheese frosting and you are good to go!
    I also like to make pumpkin soup but that’s not quite as exciting :)

43. Kaitlin on October 10, 2011 at 4:58 pm

Not only do I LOVE all of these recipes, but I am completely blown away by your photos, they are fantastic!

I’m also a big fan of savory pumpkin dishes: soup, buranee kadu, etc. (I like anything pumpkin to be honest!)

44. Sandra on October 10, 2011 at 5:37 pm

Pick one, any one!! They all love delicious although the cheesecake and I could be BFF’s!!

45. Gordon on October 11, 2011 at 11:07 am

pumpkin cupcakes with cream cheese is an ingenious combo and I can’t imagine how good that tastes.

46. Amber Martin on October 11, 2011 at 11:43 am

These all look so yummy! I love pumpkin anything and am so excited for fall baking. I enjoy pumpkin pancakes and waffles. Here is a link to a recipe for pumpkin waffles I thought you might like: http://thefoodierd.blogspot.com/2011/10/makeover-monday-pumpkin-ginger-waffles.html.

• Michelle on October 12th, 2011 at 8:13 pm

Ooh those sound fabulous! Thank you for sharing!

47. Katie @ BloomEveryday on October 15, 2011 at 10:32 pm

What a fantastic post! LOVE all these recipes, can’t wait to get my pumpkin on. Check us out sometime @ BloomEveryday.wordpress.com. :) Would love for you to check out some of our recipes.

48. foodies at home on October 17, 2011 at 11:18 pm

OMG Your cheese cake looks divine!! What I wouldn’t give for a slice right this second!!

49. Haley on October 8, 2013 at 4:44 pm

I love pumpkin baked oatmeal! Check out my recipe on egginon.wordpress.com