14 Favorite Pumpkin Recipes

It feels like just yesterday that I was basking in the warmth of longer days, planting a garden and slipping my feet into flip-flips. Yet somehow, we’ve ended up on October’s doorstep. The days are getting shorter, the air is getting cooler and my feet are more than ready for the warmest pair of boots I can find. While saying goodbye to summer is never easy, I love looking forward to all of the warm, comforting flavors that fall brings, and at the top of my list is pumpkin. The reasons are many, but chief among them is that pumpkin pairs so well with spices and cream cheese frosting (yum and double-yum). Below are some of my all-time favorite pumpkin recipes, perfect for getting you started in the kitchen this October!

1. Pumpkin Bars with Cream Cheese Frosting

2. Pumpkin Bread

3. Pumpkin Cheesecake

4. Pumpkin Cinnamon Chip & Pecan Granola Bars

5. Pumpkin Cookies with Brown Butter Icing

6. Pumpkin and Cream Cheese Muffins with Pecan Streusel

7. Pumpkin Cupcakes with Cream Cheese Frosting

8. Pumpkin Fudge

9. Pumpkin Ice Cream

10. Pumpkin Pie

11. Pumpkin Pie Bars

12. Pumpkin Scones with Spiced Glaze

13. Pumpkin Soup with Apple & Spices

14. Pumpkin Whoopie Pies with Maple Cream Cheese Filling

What’s your favorite pumpkin recipe? Share it in the comments below!

20 Responses to “14 Favorite Pumpkin Recipes”

1. Averie @ Averie Cooks on October 1, 2012 at 1:43 am

This looks like a great roundup, Michelle! I have so many pumpkin recipes – been trying to ‘just’ post one per week & not overwhelm folks. The next one is being published in an hour- pumpkin spice Bundt with chocolate ganache!

2. Linda on October 1, 2012 at 3:16 am

My favorite would be a Pumpkin Roll.

3. Connie the Cookie Monster on October 1, 2012 at 3:33 am

pumpkins galore!

4. Keisha on October 1, 2012 at 4:48 am

I’m a sweet potato girl but all these pumpkin recipes are inspiring me to bake outside my box!

5. Jennifer @ Peanut Butter and Peppers on October 1, 2012 at 6:41 am

I love pumpkin! I have been on a pumpkin kick for a month now and I can’t stop! lol All you recipes sound wonderful!!!

6. Penny Wolf on October 1, 2012 at 6:48 am

Pumkin Pie is #1! Candied pumpkin is fantastic also,followed by pumpkin roll
    but with a different filling other than cream cheese frosting…

7. Laura Dembowski on October 1, 2012 at 11:51 am

Love pumpkin anything, but I’m not looking forward to all these cold temperatures being forecast. Here’s to hoping for another mild winter.

8. heidi on October 1, 2012 at 12:01 pm

I make a ton of pumpkin roll every year for my family. But I am going to try some of these, they sound so good. Thanks for sharing.

Buy Here Pay Here

9. Pops De Milk on October 1, 2012 at 1:06 pm

Ahh, this is why I LOVE fall :) I’m going to try at least one of these!

10. Katie @ Blonde Ambition on October 1, 2012 at 1:12 pm

I’m not a huge pumpkin fan, but I’m realizing I like more savory than sweet with my pumpkin! So that soup sounds delish :) The pumpkin fudge is intriguing, too!

11. Ashley @ Wishes and Dishes on October 1, 2012 at 1:20 pm

Believe it or not, I used to dislike pumpkin. Now, I’m borderline obsessed. That fudge looks really good!

12. Madeleine @ teeniebaker on October 1, 2012 at 6:52 pm

What a great round-up! I’m just getting into this year’s pumpkin baking now – I’ll definitely have to give some of these a try!

13. Melanie on October 1, 2012 at 7:21 pm

Based on your your other recipes, I’ll bet you can’t go wrong making any of these! Now which one to start with…yum! Happy autumn!

14. Anna Beller on October 1, 2012 at 11:07 pm

Wow, they seems awesome :)! This will be my first Halloween in the USA and I’m so excited :) Does anybody know a pumpkin brownie recipe? Which is not so difficult :)? Thank You!

15. 4virtu on October 2, 2012 at 12:18 pm

Happy Tasty Tuesday! We love these recipes and they are featured on our Recipes for the Food Holidays of October! Thanks for sharing!

16. Risa Golding on October 5, 2012 at 6:05 pm

I adore pumpkin. I make Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Pecan Cookies every single November. Have since I found the recipe in the NY Daily News Halloween 1985. I’ve been making them ever since.

I also make pumpkin pancakes, I put pumpkin in pasta sauce, I just love it. These recipes look amazing.

17. Ardex Cp Concrete Patch on October 6, 2012 at 11:13 am

I have grown an unhealthy obsession with Starbuck’s Pumpkin Scone this fall… and its only the first week of October!

18. Alicia on October 8, 2012 at 4:47 am

I’m going to have to try the cheesecake for sure and the cookies and maybe the pie and maybe the …………….Hehe x

19. Rebecca on October 8, 2012 at 1:32 pm

I made the Pumpkin Scones last week and loved them! I might have eaten 3 in the same day…I froze half of them for an easy homemade breakfast in the next couple of weeks since I’ve just gone back to work after having my baby, hopefully they do as well from frozen as from fresh.

20. Beth on October 22, 2012 at 3:20 pm

Ok I didn’t see any comments on the Pumpkin Whoopee Pies. I made them a lot last fall and took them with several meals to different people we were trying to help out. EVERYONE was obsessed with them. I had people telling me they were eating them for breakfast and midnight snacks. I cannot say enough about how good they were. I upped the maple syrup just a little bit to give it unbelievable flavor.