Game Day Dip
This game day dip is perfect football food – only 5 ingredients and you throw them all in the slow cooker! An easy, cheesy dip!
Are you totally immersed in football season at this point?
It goes without saying that we’re big Sunday football-watchers in this house, and while I’ve never followed college football, I’ve even enjoyed having it on during cozy Saturday afternoons this years, as well. No matter who you root for, there is one absolute certainty – watching sports (or movies, or anything, really) is made even better when you throw in some good food!
I’m a big fan of appetizers, specifically dips, when it comes to my football food, and this game day dip is perfect. It’s an adaptation of a recipe sent to me by reader Tammy.
Thank you, Tammy! This is a new favorite in our house!
In addition to being a cheesy dip (my favorite!), this is made even simpler by calling for only five ingredients and having them all dumped right into the slow cooker and letting it do all of the work. Hands-off, easy, and relatively quick – win, win, win!
The original recipe that Tammy sent to me called for a 10-ounce can of condensed cream of chicken soup; I subbed 8 ounces of cream cheese instead. The dip might be a little creamier with the soup, but I just love the combo of cream cheese, cheese, meat and some spice when it comes to dip. I can’t resist!
This riff on quick and easy queso (Velveeta + Rotel) adds in cream cheese, sausage, and ground beef, which is absolutely spectacular. I might even opt for using all sausage versus the mix of sausage and beef – more flavor!
If you want an incredibly simple and easy to throw together dip for your next football party, or ANY party for that matter, this is an absolute go-to. Cheesy, meaty, creamy, and a little spicy… it’s perfect!
Game Day Dip
This game day dip is perfect football food – only 5 ingredients and you throw them all in the slow cooker!
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 pound ground sausage (your favorite variety)
- 16 ounces Velveeta cheese, cubed
- 1 (10-ounce) can Rotel
- 8 ounces cream cheese, cubed
- In a large skillet over medium heat, brown the ground beef and ground sausage until no longer pink. Remove with a slotted spoon and place on a paper towel-lined plate to drain.
- Spray a 4 to 6-quart slow cooke with non-stick cooking spray. Add the cooked beef and sausage, cubed Velveeta, Rotel and cream cheese, and stir to combine. Cook on high for 2 hours, stirring occasionally, until the Velveeta and cream cheese are completely melted and creamy. Serve with your favorite tortilla chips.