OREO® Cheesecake

Yep, I’m completely weird and baked my own birthday cake! I love, love, love the OREO cheesecake from the Cheesecake Factory and have been craving it. Instead of driving out to buy it I decided to finally use the recipe that I got off of The Nest. It was incredibly easy to put together and came out smooth and creamy – PERFECT! I didn’t change anything from the original recipe, except I baked it for an extra 5 minutes.

OREO Cheesecake

1 cup crushed OREO cookies (about 12 cookies)
1 Tbsp. butter or margarine, melted
4 pkgs (8-oz. each) cream cheese, softened
1 cup sugar
1 tsp. vanilla
4 eggs
20 OREO cookies, quartered

**NOTE: Regular OREO cookies are recommended, as cake does not set as well with Double Stuff

1. PREHEAT oven to 325 degrees if using silver springform pan (or 300 degrees if using a dark non-stick springform pan). Mix crushed cookies and butter; press onto bottom of 9-inch springform pan. Bake 10 minutes.

2. BEAT cream cheese, sugar and vanilla with electric mixer on medium speed until well blended. Add eggs, 1 at a time, mixing on low speed after each addition just until blended. Gently stir in quartered cookies. Pour over crust.

3. BAKE 1 hour or until center is almost set. Run knife or metal spatula around rim of pan to loosen cake; cool before removing rim of pan. Refrigerate 4 hours or overnight. Garnish with additional cookies, if desired.

Source: Nestie Lalabee0425

65 Responses to “OREO® Cheesecake”

1. Amber on March 27, 2007 at 9:26 pm

That looks wonderful. Tony would love it. He is a huge Oreo fan. Thanks for sharing.

2. Ashleigh on April 7, 2007 at 3:31 pm

I just made this for my husband…HE LOVED IT! Thanks for posting the recipe. :) I hope you have a Happy Easter!

3. Joelen on April 22, 2007 at 1:30 am

That looks so decadent!

4. Judy on June 8, 2008 at 3:29 am

Your site is fantastic, I made this for my family and was told it tasted as good the cheese cake served at “Starbucks”, Thankyou

5. Chelle on June 10, 2008 at 9:20 pm

Hi Judy,

I’m so glad that you enjoy the site and the cheesecake! It is my favorite and I’m glad you and your family liked it! :)

6. Jacqui on January 2, 2009 at 2:59 am

Thanks for your blog.
    1 question about your Oreo, do you take out the creme in the Oreos when you do the crust and the quaters you add into the batter?

Thank you & Blessed New Year!

7. Jeremy on August 25, 2009 at 3:25 am

I just made this tonight, as I know my mom loves cheesecake, and it is her birthday tomorrow. I just took it out of the oven and it looks amazing, and smells even better. I look forward to trying it with her tomorrow when I bring it as a surprise for when we go out to lunch.

One thing I did do differently, which didn’t hurt anything and probably save a few calories, when making the crust I actually didn’t add the butter at all. The creme in the cookies made the crust completely one solid piece by itself.

Either way is probably fine, thanks again for the great recipe, I love your site.

8. Michelle on August 26, 2009 at 5:45 pm

Hi Jeremy – Thank you for the tip on leaving out the butter and letting the cream in the cookies act as a binding agent, I would not have thought of that! I hope your mom enjoyed her birthday cake! :)

9. Hungry Huy on October 22, 2009 at 3:13 pm

OOo looks good. I usually stick with the Factory’s regular cheesecake with strawberries. This looks really good too. I’m scared of baking finicky things like custards for now… is it easy?

10. Michelle on October 22, 2009 at 8:11 pm

Hi Hungry Huy – I wouldn’t necessarily categorize cheesecake as custard, but I think this particular cheesecake is pretty easy and straightforward to make! I hope you give it a try!

11. Rachel on November 23, 2009 at 11:39 am

Love your site! I just made this and it was delicious though I overcooked it. It was my first cheesecake and I was nervous. How can you tell when it is ready (so I don’t do this again!)?

Thanks!

12. Michelle on November 23, 2009 at 11:00 pm

Hi Rachel,

So glad that you loved the cheesecake! I typically take a cheesecake out when it is set around the outside but still jiggles slightly in the middle. The cake will continue cooking even after you take it out of the oven (much like cookies on a cookie sheet) and will set up as it cools. I hope this helps!

13. Izzah on February 17, 2010 at 12:46 am

hello michelle, i just wonder what type of cup you used for measurement? do you have the pic? how big is the cup size?

14. Michelle on February 19, 2010 at 1:44 pm

Hi Izzah,

I use a regular dry measure measuring cup, like these:

Hope that helps!

15. Dina on March 21, 2010 at 2:25 am

woow it looks amazing
    i really want to do it but i am afraid from all the eggs in it, whenever i bake something with alot of eggs my dish will smell and tastes bad.
    do you think i use 3 ?? or it will ruin the cheese cake

I am new to your blog but would very much like to thank you for all the good recepies.i already tried 4 and alll were amazing.
    thanks

16. puccapucca on April 27, 2010 at 10:19 am

I really like this recipe…and the cake really taste good…1 question..do I need cover the cake because the top and side of the cake turns brown when i baked it?

17. Michelle on April 27, 2010 at 12:32 pm

Hi there,

If the cheesecake begins to brown too quickly when you’re baking it, you can cover it loosely with foil to prevent over-browning.

Enjoy the cheesecake!

18. Pingback: 10 of My Favorite Recipes | Brown Eyed Baker

19. enigme on July 25, 2010 at 10:07 am

OMG!! This cheesecake looks so delicious.. I’d like to do it myself but unfortunately, in my country OREO cookies are unavailable. May I replaced them with homemade Oreos like those: http://www.browneyedbaker.com/2009/12/01/chocolate-sandwich-cookies-homemade-oreos/???

20. Pingback: Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Cheesecake Bars | Brown Eyed Baker

21. Pingback: Fig and Almond Cheesecake with Amaretto Creme Anglaise | Brown Eyed Baker

22. Ashley on June 14, 2011 at 10:01 pm

Made this last night for my boyfriend’s birthday today and he said it was literally the best cheesecake he’s ever had, and I agree, this recipe is really good! thank you!

23. Chel on July 24, 2011 at 11:28 pm

i want to make this… im really craving for the starbucks cheesecake recipe.. i love it’s light, crumbly yet melts-in-your-mouth texture… but i have to try this… i tried a lot of cheesecake recipes but all seems too rich and heavy.. may i ask what’s the texture like? is it light or rich? thanks a lot…

• Michelle on July 25th, 2011 at 12:38 pm

Well, cheesecake by nature is a rich dessert, and typically not very “light” in texture. This cheesecake is creamy, but not dense.

24. Claire M. on July 28, 2011 at 11:15 pm

One of the many things your blog has made me realize is that, as much as the very thought or presence of cream cheese makes me squirm, I love cheesecake. I ended up making this one for my birthday this past weekend, and I wanted to tell you that it was absolutely fantastic! Neither my mom nor I had ever made a cheesecake before ( which sort of explains why I never knew we owned a springform pan until now ), but this was so simple to make and the results were great!
    Protip for everyone, though: Definitely keep an eye on the cake and don’t depend on a timer, especially if you’re like me and have a really hot oven. I set the temp for 25 degrees lower than called for ( which we always do with our oven ) and it was still very done at about 40 minutes. ;)

So thanks from both me and my family for sharing this recipe! I’ll definitely have to try some more!

• Michelle on July 29th, 2011 at 9:51 am

So happy to hear I could turn you on to cheesecakes! I’m thrilled that you enjoyed this! Happy birthday!

25. Pingback: Dulce de Leche Cheesecake Squares | Brown Eyed Baker

26. Ellyn on December 5, 2011 at 12:53 pm

Hi i just wanted to know how many does this recipe serve? Also, is it necessary to take out the creme before crushing or adding into the batter? Thanks!

• Michelle on December 6th, 2011 at 12:08 pm

Hi Ellyn, This serves about 12 people. And no, you don’t need to take the cream out of the cookies before crushing them – crush the whole cookie.

27. Pingback: Oreo Truffles | Brown Eyed Baker

28. Pingback: Zesty orange Oreo cheesecake with chocolate drizzle

29. Magida on March 6, 2012 at 2:03 am

Can you use this to make a mini Oreo cheesecake and if so how

• Michelle on March 6th, 2012 at 12:15 pm

Hi Magida, Sure, just use a smaller springform pan and reduce the oven temperature. You can use multiple small pans or just cut down the recipe.

30. Amber on March 6, 2012 at 4:55 pm

Love your blog! I was wondering, because I just have to make this today. Can you substitute regular oreos for the golden ones in this recipe? I love both but I have to say I’m more of a fan of the golden. Thanks :)

• Michelle on March 6th, 2012 at 11:55 pm

Hi Amber, Sure!! Enjoy!

31. izabell on March 23, 2012 at 10:02 am

hi there.. the picture looks great, i want to try this recipe but i was wondering how you baked it just as is or like other recipes ask for putting the cheesecake in a shallow pan and puring hot water like a water bath? you didnt mention that in your recipe.

• izabell on March 23rd, 2012 at 10:03 am

i ment pouring hot watter.. oops

• Michelle on March 31st, 2012 at 9:48 pm

Hi Izabell, I did not use a water bath for this cheesecake, just baked it right in the oven.

32. Pingback: Oreo Cheesecake

33. Tisha on August 17, 2012 at 5:41 pm

Hi! I baked this last night for the first time, for my husbands work BBQ.
    This morning when I checked it in the fridge, it had deflated? Not sunk in the middle, just shrunk. Is that normal? I’m stressing now in case it didn’t turn out right and I don’t want to serve it up if it’s not going to taste right!

Any feedback would be so appreciated! Thanks

• Michelle on August 18th, 2012 at 4:43 pm

Hi Tisha, Usually a cheesecake will shrink away from the sides of the pan at least a little bit as it cools. I think you should be fine!

34. Daniella on September 8, 2012 at 9:23 am

Just made this last night, my cheese caKe came out with huge cracks in it. I’ve never had that happen with any of the cheesecakes I’ve made from your blog. Do you know what the reason could be?

• Michelle on October 5th, 2012 at 5:58 pm

Hi Daniella, I don’t use a water bath for this one, which is what could cause the cracks. A lot of my other cheesecake recipes call for a water bath. You could always do it that way in the future.

35. Pingback: Oreo Cheesecake « happyhealthyfoodie

36. Eira on March 27, 2013 at 9:02 am

Hi. I tried this recipe today and I tasted it after it has been refrigerated for 4 hours. This is my first time making a cheesecake, it turned out well but I just feel like the cheese is a bit tender and I’m just not sure if mine has completely baked. It tasted really good and my mom loved it, but I just wanted to know whether the cheesecake is supposed to be tender or firmer? Anyways, thank you so much for the recipe! It’s a combination of my absolute favorites, oreos and cheese!! :D

• Michelle on March 28th, 2013 at 3:10 pm

Hi Eira, Be sure that you allow the cheesecake to cool completely to room temperature THEN refrigerate it for at least 4 to 8 hours. That could definitely make a difference in the texture. A good cheesecake should be firm (able to stand on its own), but also very creamy.

37. Tres Louis on April 3, 2013 at 5:49 am

Hi Michelle

I am a big fan of ur recipe blog. They are just amazing. Sometimes i wonder how do u get so much time for all this!!! I am based in Bangalore,India. I hv been following ur recipe blog for over a year now. My kids (aged 3 and 5) are big oreo lovers that i hv made ur oreo truffles, oreo cheesecake cookies and they loved it. For Maundy Thursday i made the hot cross buns from here and came out really well…
    Thanks for sharing the recipes and great photography..
    -Tres

38. Sophie on May 19, 2013 at 9:13 am

For all the UK bakers a cup of sugar is 200g. You need about 880g crwan cheese and remember to change the cooking temp from farenheit to Celsius. So bake around 150 degrees. Was so easy to make and looks great. Just waiting for mine to cool :)

39. J. on May 20, 2013 at 12:56 am

Hi. is the degree given in Fahrenheit ? (-:

40. Noreen LeSage on May 26, 2013 at 2:55 pm

I have a graduation party coming up in 2 weeks and I’d like to make this recipe in a 9×13 pan so I can cut it into squares and control the portion sizes. I realize I have to make 1-1/2 times the recipe but I was wondering about the baking time. Should I cut it down to 45 minutes or even less? Thanks for your input!

41. tas on August 18, 2013 at 6:10 pm

no sour cream?

• Michelle on August 19th, 2013 at 5:50 pm

Nope, no sour cream.

42. michelle on August 30, 2013 at 4:14 am

Hi, i made this cheesecake today. the top started to brown after half an hour in the oven. How do i prevent my cheesecake from browning? Or could it be something wrong with my oven? Love your blog btw <3

• Michelle on August 31st, 2013 at 6:22 pm

Hi Michelle, Do you have an oven thermometer? I highly recommend one so you’re certain that your oven temperature is accurate. If it is, and your cheesecake is browning too quickly, you can place a loose piece of aluminum fool over top.

43. Jessa on October 24, 2013 at 11:40 am

Hi is this recipe in Fahrenheit or Celsius?

• Jessa on October 24th, 2013 at 11:41 am

Oh sorry found my answer within the comments already :)

44. Remszi on February 26, 2014 at 12:50 pm

Could give some advice to a beginner? :) In my country we have no “cream cheese” per se…at least it’s not called like that. which of these would be best? Ricotta, mascarpone or cheese like Philadelphia? Thank You!

• Michelle on February 27th, 2014 at 8:55 am

Hi Remszi, You would want the Philadelphia style.

• Remszi on February 27th, 2014 at 10:55 am

Thank You! I will try it :)

45. Tegan on March 20, 2014 at 5:33 pm

Haha, i’m so glad i’m not the only weird one! Although I’m only 18, I also baked my own birthday cake this year and last year too! But, I mean, why wouldn’t you when it’s so much fun and taste so good?! I think i’m going to make this cheesecake for my next birthday (Cheesecake-Addict right here!), but I also can’t wait that long to try it, so Easter is coming up and it’s baking time! Thanks so much for all the great recipes :) Lots of love to the doggies!

46. Pingback: Elegant Cakes – Strawberry Swirl Cheesecake Bars

47. Jackie on June 26, 2014 at 12:39 pm

What sugar do you use in this recipe? Caster, icing or granulated. Many thanks xx

• Michelle on June 26th, 2014 at 10:09 pm

Hi Jackie, Granulated sugar.