19 St. Patrick’s Day Recipes

St. Patrick's Day Recipes

Can you believe that St. Patrick’s Day is only 10 days away?! I’m sure I wasn’t the only one staring at over 9 inches of snow yesterday morning! Do you have all of your green clothes picked out? Are you ready to stuff yourself with delicious food and drink? How about stuffing yourself with Irish liquor-spiked baked goods? Whether you’re planning on throwing a party, going to a party, bringing treats into work or school, or just doing something festive at home, I’ve gathered together a nice assortment of St. Patrick’s Day-worthy recipes for you. From breakfast and breads to drinks, appetizers, and desserts, you’ll find festive recipes to help you put together your St. Patrick’s Day feast. Stay tuned, I’ll be sharing more Irish-themed recipes next week! Enjoy!

Breakfast

Chocolate-Dipped Shortbread Cookies
Chocolate Mint Brownies
Grasshopper Mint Chocolate Bark
Guinness Chocolate Cakes with Baileys Irish Cream Cheese Frosting
Guinness Gingerbread Cake
Guinness-Milk Chocolate Ice Cream
Lofthouse Style Frosted Sugar Cookies (decorate with green frosting and festive sprinkles!)
Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream
Shamrock Sugar Cookies

What are your favorite St. Patrick’s Day recipes??

17 Responses to “19 St. Patrick’s Day Recipes”

1. Jennifer @ Peanut Butter and Peppersj on March 7, 2013 at 6:54 am

Yum! I remember a lot of these recipes from last year! Ahhh, I love St. Patty’s time of the year! I want tot ry your Irish Beer and Cheese Bread! Yummy!!

2. Angel on March 7, 2013 at 8:14 am

My favorite day of the year,love to cook with Guinness !!
    Your Irish Whiskey Soda Bread with Irish Whiskey Butter is on my list for this weekend !!

3. marie @ little kitchie on March 7, 2013 at 8:45 am

Great list – everything looks delish!! Especially the car bomb cupcakes! :)

4. StacyM on March 7, 2013 at 8:45 am

I think I will do your cream filled doughnuts from yesterday and just add green to the filling. They look too good not to try!

5. Kathy on March 7, 2013 at 11:39 am

Oh yummy! I think I will be making the mint chocolate chip ice cream!

6. Kylie Fisher on March 7, 2013 at 12:00 pm

Im suprised that Americans celebrate this Irish Day, even in England i do not think it is celebrated as much. I really wish people in Britain would embrace more American Holidays like Thanksgiving as it would give us more reason (if we needed one) for families to come together and eat loads of amazing food and drink.
    These recipes sound tasty so with out a doubt, i will be trying these reciepes for St Patricks Day.

7. Marcie @ Flavor The Moments on March 7, 2013 at 12:21 pm

Loved the Shamrock shake when I was a kid! Who am I kidding, I still love it now. I always have to have something minty ice cream flavored around St. Patty’s Day, along with Irish soda bread, and corned beef and cabbage. One of these days I’ll try a chocolate stout cake!

8. Laura Dembowski on March 7, 2013 at 2:19 pm

I was just think about what I could make to celebrate St. Patrick’s Day. These are all great ideas!

9. Carol on March 7, 2013 at 4:24 pm

The car bomb cupcakes look fantastic!

10. Holiday Baker Man on March 7, 2013 at 8:35 pm

I don’t usually make anything for St. Pat’s day even though i have an “Irish” name. I have been known to hut down green beer every now and then ;)

11. Alley @ Alley's Recipe Book on March 7, 2013 at 11:14 pm

I made Car Bomb cupcakes last year and my co-workers have been counting down the days until this St. Patrick’s Day for me to bring them in again! I better go get some Baileys.

12. Rachel @ Baked by Rachel on March 8, 2013 at 9:10 am

So much tasty goodness in one place!

13. Kare @ Kitchen Treaty on March 8, 2013 at 10:16 am

I looove this selection. Those shamrock cookies are adorable! Every single one of those breads looks fantastic, and I’ll take a bowl of that ice cream, too. I guess the answer is: I’m going to stay home on St. Paddy’s Day and stuff my face!

14. John on March 9, 2013 at 4:56 pm

These are all some amazing recipes especially the Shamrock Shake.

15. jen on March 10, 2013 at 9:18 am

Woow. But now I find it pretty difficult to choose the best combination. I’ll definitely try as many as possible. Actually the recipes fit in perfectly with my plans right now because my boyfriend gave me a special gift on this year’s Valentine’s Day – he booked a cooking class organized by Zac’s cooking school in our native Vancouver called – cooking classes for couples so we’re now collecting interesting recipes to come up with during that course. And I’m sure your recipes will most certainly be part of our list.

16. Michele on March 12, 2013 at 5:40 pm

For what it’s worth, I live in Northern Ireland which has a long history of paramilitary violence and currently ongoing domestic terrorism that has claimed many lives, ruined families and still divides communities. I know BEB didn’t invent the name “car bomb” cupcakes, but to use the term in conjunction with a party theme is exceptionally insensitive and crass. Would it be equally humorous if there were ‘September 11th Submarine Sandwiches’, or “9/11 Nine-layer Dip’?

17. Photo Retouching on March 18, 2013 at 8:07 pm