22 St. Patrick’s Day Recipes

22 St. Patrick's Day Recipes | browneyedbaker.com

St. Patrick’s Day is a week from today, which means that somehow, some way, March is almost half over. Do you have all of your green clothes picked out? Are you ready to stuff yourself with delicious food and drink? How about stuffing yourself with Irish liquor-spiked baked goods? Whether you’re planning on throwing a party, going to a party, bringing treats into work or school, or just doing something festive at home, I’ve gathered together a nice assortment of St. Patrick’s Day-worthy recipes for you. From breakfast and breads to drinks, appetizers, and desserts, you’ll find festive recipes to help you put together your St. Patrick’s Day feast. Stay tuned, I’ll be sharing more Irish-themed recipes this week! Enjoy!

Breakfast

Chocolate Mint Brownies
Grasshopper Mint Chocolate Bark
Grasshopper Pie
Guinness Chocolate Cakes with Baileys Irish Cream Cheese Frosting
Guinness Gingerbread Cake
Guinness-Milk Chocolate Ice Cream
Lofthouse Style Frosted Sugar Cookies (decorate with green frosting and festive sprinkles!)
Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream
Shamrock Sugar Cookies

What are your favorite St. Patrick’s Day recipes?

14 Responses to “22 St. Patrick’s Day Recipes”

1. Lisa @ Simple Pairings on March 10, 2014 at 7:34 am

Wow, that Irish Whiskey Soda Bread looks incredible! Nothing like an easy soda bread for something delicious and simple. Thanks for the recipe roundup here – I’m getting antsy to celebrate St. Patty’s day and looking for something new to try. Yummy inspiration. :)

2. Lisa on March 10, 2014 at 11:04 am

Wow- whiskey bread with whiskey butter? Yum. I live in Belfast (Northern Ireland) and we have this as a public holiday so I will most definitely be trying this for St Patrick’s Day on my day off :)

3. Stephanie-Oh on March 10, 2014 at 11:55 am

I love colcannon and Irish Soda Bread! Not really a corned beef and cabbage fan!

4. Lindsey @ American Heritage Cooking on March 10, 2014 at 1:34 pm

I want to eat all of these things! But if you twisted my arm and I had to pick one, I would want to try your Irish Soda Bread. I’m a sucker for Irish Soda Bread. It is the one thing that my Husband doesn’t really like but I make regularly anyways.

5. Debra on March 10, 2014 at 1:58 pm

I can personally vouch for the car bomb cupcakes. They are….the bomb, and really easy to put together (or so I thought). The overriding comment was how moist (and delicious) they were. Will be making them this week.

• StarvingDiva on March 10th, 2014 at 2:18 pm

ME TOO DELICIOUS!!! and nice and boozy!

6. Laura Dembowski on March 10, 2014 at 3:45 pm

ST. Patrick’s Day is a hard food holiday, but these are great ideas!

7. Shikha @ Shikha la mode on March 10, 2014 at 3:57 pm

Something for every meal of the day – love it!

8. Francesca on March 10, 2014 at 5:03 pm

Lovely! Between the two Irish soda breads and the Irish brown bread, which one is your favorite? (I am thinking about making some Irish bread for this St. Patrick’s day, and I am trying to decide what kind to make.)

• Michelle on March 10th, 2014 at 7:54 pm

Hi Francesca, It’s a toss up between the traditional soda bread and the brown bread. If you like some wheat flavor, then go with the brown bread. Enjoy! :)

9. Toya on March 10, 2014 at 6:47 pm

You have to try Boxty. It is a delicious Irish Potato pancake. I found a great recipe that was a mix mashed potatoes and shredded potatoes. Yum! The mint brownies look great, I am going to give it a try.

10. Emily @ Life on Food on March 10, 2014 at 7:50 pm

I really want to try the Car Bomb Cupcakes! Such a great list!

11. Annie Mullins on March 16, 2014 at 12:05 pm

Hey Michelle, made the car bomb cupcakes, successfully three or four times, this year, they all fell, boom, nothing to take out of the middle, just fill in, any ideas what I did wrong this time, or do I attribute it to a really bad weather baking day?

• Michelle on March 17th, 2014 at 10:35 am

Hi Annie, I’m so sorry they sank on you! Since you’ve made them successfully multiple times, and I assume you made no changes, it could have been the weather or an oven hiccup.