80 of My Favorite Football Food Recipes
We’re officially in the throes of football season, so I’ve rounded up all of my favorite foods perfect for football watching – dips, appetizers, savory snacks, legit meals, and of course – sweets!
College football has already kicked off and the NFL officially starts tonight, which means we have many, many weekends of football-watching ahead of us. Whether you get together with family and friends each Saturday and/or Sunday, or hang out with immediate family, good food is key!
Whether you’re just looking for snack, an easy dinner, or food to feed a crowd, you’ll find tons of ideas in this list… I’ve rounded up all of my very favorite recipes that are perfect for serving during football games.
Here’s to good eats and tons of great games!
Appetizers and Dips
One of my favorite food groups!
1. Buffalo Chicken Dip
2. Dill Pickle Dip
3. Antipasto Appetizer Squares
4. An Epic Cheese Plate
5. Jalapeno Poppers
6. Cheesy Chili Dip
7. Oven-Fried Onion Rings
8. Loaded Baked Potato Dip
9. Homemade Restaurant Style Salsa
10. Jalapeno Popper Dip
11. Hissy Fit Dip
12. Seven Layer Dip
13. Cheesy Pepperoni Bites
14. Cheesy Bacon-Wrapped Dates
15. Pepperoni Pizza Monkey Bread
16. My Favorite Guacamole Recipe
17. Taco Dip
18. Harry & David Dip
19. Chicken Spread
20. Slow Cooker Spicy Beef Queso Dip
21. Soft Pretzel Nuggets with Spicy Cheese Dipping Sauce
22. Pepperoni Bread
23. Spinach Dip
24. Sun-Dried Tomato Dip
25. Sweet Onion and Parmesan Dip
26. Veggie Pizza Appetizer
27. Cheesy Pull-Apart Bread
28. Warm Black Bean Dip
29. Potato Skins
30. Hot Corn and Cheese Dip
31. Pizza Dip
32. Sausage Dip
33. Hot Reuben Dip
34. Spinach Artichoke Dip
Grab ’em by the handful!
35. Spicy Southern Cheese Crackers
36. Malted Pretzel Crunch
37. Nuts and Bolts Homemade Snack Mix
38. Homemade Chex Mix
39. Homemade Cheez-Its
40. Homemade Cracker Jack
If dips and snacks won’t cut it…
41. Classic Beef Chili
42. Slow Cooker Kielbasa and Sauerkraut with Beer & Brown Sugar
43. Copycat Chipotle Chicken Recipe (burrito/taco bar?!)
44. Cast Iron Skillet Cheeseburgers
45. Slow Cooker BBQ Ribs
46. My Favorite Meatloaf Recipe
47. Beef Enchiladas
48. Homemade Sloppy Joes
49. Greek Lamb Gyros with Tzatziki Sauce
50. Frito Pie
51. Philly Cheesesteak Sandwiches
52. Chipped Ham BBQ Sandwiches
53. Homemade Primanti Bros. Sandwich
Mac and Cheese
Because, mac and cheeeeeeeese…
54. Creamy Stovetop Macaroni and Cheese
55. The Ultimate Baked Macaroni and Cheese
56. Slow Cooker Macaroni and Cheese
57. Butternut Squash & Bacon Mac and Cheese
My favorite saucy dishes for keeping Sundays traditional…
58. The Best Italian Meatballs
59. Cheesy Baked Ziti with Sausage
60. The Best Meat Sauce. Ever.
61. Cheesy Lasagna Bolognese
It wouldn’t be a party without a cookie, brownie, or sweet snack!
62. Frosted Sugar Cookie Bars
Salted Caramel Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars
63. Seven Layer Bars
64. Monster Cookie Bars
65. Avalanche Bark
66. Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars
67. Peanut Butter Cup Bars
68. Marshmallow Crunch Brownie Bars
69. Sweet and Salty Brownies
70. Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Brownies
71. Chocolate Frosted Brownies
72. Better-Than-Box-Mix Brownies
73. The Baked Brownie
74. Ina’s Outrageous Brownies
75. Cook’s Illustrated Perfect Chocolate Chip Cookies
76. Ultimate Chocolate Cupcakes
77. Homemade Funfetti Cupcakes
78. Ultimate Bakery Style Rice Krispie Treats
79. Poppy Chow (Chocolate & Peanut Butter Covered Popcorn)
80. Muddy Buddies
That list should keep you busy throughout football season, especially if you plan your weekends around both college and pro football!
TELL ME! What are some of your all-time favorite recipes for serving on game day?
My best girlfriend introduced me to sausage dip and its delicious!!! But I thought it was the strangest concept when I first heard of it! I was super skeptical! But oh my gosh! Its so good. I can’t wait to tell her that she isn’t crazy and OTHER PEOPLE make it too! HA! Great list;)
You are my go-to for any recipe I’m searching out. I know I can find one that’s tried & true right here. And oh those 80 recipes, perfect as we enjoy football season…I can tell right now I’ll be trying these recipes and they’ll ruin all my attempts to shed some pounds! Thanks for sharing!
I LOVE football (and hockey) season and love to have people over to watch the games. I have a three bowl crock pot and usually have at least three dips in there, plus more…I always have buffalo chicken dip in one (I just skip the extra cheese on top), a queso of some sort, and then I rotate the third dip…sometimes it’s hissy fit, sometimes it’s chipped beef dip (retro 1960s), sometimes it’s Trisha Yearwood’s Hot Corn Dip or a pepperoni dip. I also try to have things that don’t require silverware (less to wash or throw away)…so fried chicken or wings, sliders, brats, a huge charcuterie set up, maybe the Italian deli squares. Then brownies are always a given..and whatever cookies I keep ready in the freezer. I make lots of cookie doughs, ball and freeze them, then bake off just before people get here.
Oh my gosh, tell me about this crock pot with three bowls! I’ve never heard of that! Also, would you be up for sending me the chipped beef dip? My grandma had a lady that stayed with her during the day once it was hard for her to move around on her own, and one day she made my grandma a dip that was AMAZING! It had dried beef in it, she said it was an old recipe. I never got the recipe from her and have regretted it every single day! Also… pepperoni dip! Would love that one, too, if you’re sharing :)
My favorite is a guilty pleasure of mine… the ol’ melted velveeta/salsa/burger combination. OMG.
Yesssssss, so good!