Valentine’s Day Desserts

Valentine’s Day is less than a week away, so I thought it was high-time to start thinking about sweets for your sweetie. While many couples go out for Valentine’s Day, it seems that a vast majority prefer to enjoy a home-cooked meal in instead. Which means homemade dessert! Right up my alley :)

I have included over 35 of my favorite sweets and desserts that I think are especially fitting for celebrating Valentine’s Day. Nothin’ says lovin’ like some sweets baked from your heart. Whether you celebrate with a significant other, your kids, friends or family, these treats will certainly be appreciated!

Snack/Dip

Candy

Cheesecake Truffles
Dark Chocolate Truffles

Cookies

Homemade Oreo Cookies
Salted Double Chocolate Peanut Butter Cookies
Soft and Chewy Sugar Cookies (for making heart cut-outs!)
How to Decorate Sugar Cookies with Royal Icing (a tutorial for decorating those cut-outs!)
Thick and Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies

Dutch Apple Pie
Lemon Meringue Pie

Puddings/Custards

Bananas Foster Bread Pudding
Bostini Cream Pie
Creme Brulee

37 Responses to “Valentine’s Day Desserts”

1. Katrina on February 8, 2011 at 6:17 am

I agree. Nothing quite says “I love you” like a baked good. Thanks for the ideas! I LOVE when you do round ups :)

2. Lynn Brown on February 8, 2011 at 6:23 am

Great list! Will have to add some to my to do list!!! Cheesecake and rum, mmmmm…Thanks for sharing!

3. Aku on February 8, 2011 at 6:33 am

Those red velvet cupcakes look incredible, especially with the baby bllue cases! Thanks for the list of ideas :)

4. Lisa (Dishes of Mrs. Fish) on February 8, 2011 at 7:12 am

I love those cupcake liners! Great list! The hard part is narrowing it down to a couple to try!

5. J3nn (Jenn's Menu and Lifestyle Blog) on February 8, 2011 at 7:18 am

I was just thinking about red velvet cake! Those cupcakes look beautiful!! I think I might have to make your recipe for Valentine’s Day. They’re so tempting. :)

6. Blog is the New Black on February 8, 2011 at 7:33 am

Thanks for all the great recipes- I have a Valentine’s cookie I’m working on!

7. Lauren at KeepItSweet on February 8, 2011 at 7:49 am

So many good ideas- It is barely 8 am and I could really go for some chocolate now:-)

8. Caroline on February 8, 2011 at 8:36 am

That “Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Dip” is something I’m going to HAVE to try. Though I need to make sure I’m in a place where I’ll be sure to share, because I would finish that whole bowl if left to my own devices…

9. Megan on February 8, 2011 at 9:09 am

YUM!!!
    Still in “cupcake” form, on my blog, I have some delish savory-ness to counteract all the sweet that you posted today!

10. Happy When Not Hungry on February 8, 2011 at 9:35 am

Love all your goodies! Those cupcakes look delicious too! Thanks for sharing :-)

11. Tina from PA on February 8, 2011 at 10:25 am

I love the list! Everything you make is the best, so how is one to choose?

12. Kathleen @ Kat's Health Corner on February 8, 2011 at 10:42 am

Oh man, the color of those Red Velvet Cupcakes is INCREDIBLE!!! :) LOVE IT!!! :)

13. Helena on February 8, 2011 at 11:08 am

I’m a real sucker for round-up lists. I always want to immediately make (*cough* eat) EVERYTHING!

14. Delishhh on February 8, 2011 at 11:21 am

Wonderful list and love your cupcake picture! :)

15. Liz on February 8, 2011 at 11:25 am

I love the way the red velvet cake really pops against those blue cupcake liners :)

16. Leslie on February 8, 2011 at 11:35 am

What a romantic delicious round up of goodies!

17. Jill Colonna on February 8, 2011 at 12:42 pm

Great list of recipes you’ve got. Now my only problem is where to start…. Tempting photos. Going to have to celebrate Valentine’s day over a few days!

18. Felice on February 8, 2011 at 1:50 pm

Thanks for the list. Now, how to choose! I’ll have to have a bake-off.

19. Melissa on February 8, 2011 at 1:51 pm

Oh my gosh….Red Velvet Cupcakes…they look so beautiful and delish!

20. The Farmers Wife on February 8, 2011 at 1:57 pm

Great list of ideas! I agree that there’s nothing quite like a homemade goodie on Valentines Day!

21. Eftychia on February 8, 2011 at 2:26 pm

Thank you for all those delicious recipes. Very thoughtful of you!!!

22. Jen @ My Kitchen Addiction on February 8, 2011 at 3:43 pm

Wow… So many great desserts! I’m getting hungry.

23. yin on February 8, 2011 at 4:01 pm

I bet whoever receive these as gift will not only taste the sweetness of the cupcakes but also melt their heart with it!

24. Elyse @ The Cultural Dish on February 8, 2011 at 4:42 pm

Thanks for all of the wonderful ideas! This is actually the first year that my boyfriend and I are going to stay in and eat! :)

25. Sherry on February 8, 2011 at 6:16 pm

Yumm all these recipes would surely be a great way to finish a Valentine’s Day dinner!

26. Dulce Dough on February 8, 2011 at 8:25 pm

These look perfect for Valentines Day! Yummy!

27. Liz on February 8, 2011 at 8:43 pm

I’m still trying to decide what to bake for Valentine’s Day…and your list is chock full of excellent suggestions. Thanks!

28. Christina on February 8, 2011 at 8:44 pm

Great list! Thanks for sharing, I’m definitely bookmarking a ton of these. :)

29. Nikki (Pennies on a Platter) on February 9, 2011 at 12:22 pm

Nice list! I’m sharing it on my FB page.

30. Karen on February 9, 2011 at 2:11 pm

First I must say eye catching photography! Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Dip mmmmm yum! Banana Cupcakes I must try :) A fun addition to cookies or any baked treat is
    got milk straws its the new way to drink chocolate milk :)

31. The Chocolate Priestess on February 9, 2011 at 4:58 pm

Oh, goodness, I’m so lazy. I want to be given sweets and taken out that day myself.

32. The Coffee Break on February 9, 2011 at 5:10 pm

What a great list of mouth-watering recipes! Thanks!

33. CaSaundra on February 10, 2011 at 8:02 am

What a delicious round-up of recipes!!

34. athena on February 10, 2011 at 6:52 pm

Thanks for all the great suggestions here. I’ve been meaning to try the baked brownies, but then I saw the fallen chocolate cake… and the cheesecake truffles… and the red velvet cupcakes… gah! I don’t know which to choose. :)

35. something_good on February 11, 2011 at 4:33 pm

difficult to choose, indeed… I’ll ask him to bake a little bit of everything :)

36. Pudding Pie Lane on February 13, 2011 at 6:38 pm

I agree, I definitely think cooking and staying in is much better than going out for Valentine’s! The cupcakes look amazing :D

37. Toffee Bits and Chocolate Chips on February 14, 2011 at 10:22 pm

Great list of ideas! Thanks!