75 Valentine’s Day Recipes

The Super Bowl is now behind us, so as Jay and Grant say at the end of almost every episode of Ghost Hunters, “On to the next.” Which, in the world of foodie holidays, is of course Valentine’s Day. I feel like it sneaks up on me every year – coming not too long after the Christmas holidays and immediately following the Super Bowl, sometimes it feels like the holiday that jumps out of the dark closet and yells, “Boo!” This year, however, I got my ducks in a row and am giving you plenty of time to plan your Valentine’s Day goodies. Whether it’s a work party, a girl’s night in, a school party for your kids, or celebrating with your significant other, I’ve got you covered. From fun breakfasts to dinner ideas if you’re eating in, and of course a wide variety of desserts and sweet snacks appropriate for pretty much any Valentine’s-related occasion you can think of. This roundup will get you off to a great start, and I’ll be sharing more Valentine’s recipes with you over the next week, so keep an eye out! Enjoy!

Breakfast in Bed

Better-Than-Brownies Chocolate Cookies
Chocolate-Pistachio Biscotti
Conversation Heart Sugar Cookies
Homemade Oreo Cookies
Oreo Cheesecake Cookies
Salted Double Chocolate Peanut Butter Cookies
Soft and Chewy Sugar Cookies (for making heart cut-outs!)
How to Decorate Sugar Cookies with Royal Icing (a tutorial for decorating those cut-outs!)
Red Velvet Whoopie Pies

Espresso Ice Cream
Salted Caramel Ice Cream

Dessert – Miscalleous

Cannoli
Eclairs and Cream Puffs
Creme Brulee

Do you have a favorite Valentine’s Day tradition or sweet?

20 Responses to “75 Valentine’s Day Recipes”

1. Averie @ Love Veggies and Yoga on February 6, 2012 at 12:05 am

To say you have the holiday covered is an understatement…holy moly. Love it all!

2. Anna on February 6, 2012 at 2:01 am

there’s no way I’m gonna eat something from the store on Valentines Day!
    thank you for all the lovely ideas.
    have a nice day
    Anna

3. Choc Chip Uru on February 6, 2012 at 3:12 am

What a gorgeous collection – one (or 4) for every valentines day to come :D
    So delicious!

Cheers
    Choc Chip Uru

4. Megan on February 6, 2012 at 7:04 am

Another great simple idea is chocolate covered oreos. Easy and inexpensive.

5. Jennifer@Peanut Butter and Peppers on February 6, 2012 at 7:28 am

Holy Sweet Balls Batman! All these recipes look amazing, now I’ll have to go through everyone and figure out what I can conquer next!!

6. Emilie @ Emilie's Enjoyables on February 6, 2012 at 8:39 am

great list, there are so many options!

7. Laurie {Simply Scratch} on February 6, 2012 at 2:10 pm

I’ll take a dozen of each… please tell me you deliver!?

8. Maria on February 6, 2012 at 4:01 pm

Great round up! I better get started!

9. Catherine on February 6, 2012 at 4:17 pm

What a beautiful round up and display!! These all sound wonderful! I would love to try them all! Blessings, Catherine xo

10. janeycakes on February 6, 2012 at 6:58 pm

Sooo excited to try the Heart Message cookies! LOVE it!!!

11. Living The Sweet Life on February 6, 2012 at 8:42 pm

Great round-up!! This will certainly come in hand, this weekend :) thanks

12. Chandra@the plaid and paisley kitchen on February 6, 2012 at 9:29 pm

Hi! Just wanted to let you know that I have sent an award your way!
    Happy cooking!

13. Molly Hebert on February 6, 2012 at 10:11 pm

Hello,

Excellent collections indeed! Thanks

If you don’t mind, I was wondering if you could recommend some last-minute valentine’s day gifts I could buy for my boyfriend? Many thanks! :)

• Michelle on February 7th, 2012 at 12:19 pm

Ooh that’s hard Molly, everyone is so different! I can give you some of my go-to gift ideas though – tickets to something (sporting event, concert, musical, etc.), homemade sweets, espresso set (if he likes coffee), magazine subscription, books, DVDs, video games, board games, etc. Hope that triggers some ideas!

14. Deb on February 6, 2012 at 10:33 pm

my favorite posts of yours are the ones where you list “TOP RECIPES” — then i get to see all these awesome recipes that youve done in the past on your blog.

Id like to make a small request. (well, 2 actually)

1) NEVER EVER stop blogging. like EVER.

and 2) PLEASE ask your techie person to make it that you can PRINT the recipe with a picture … it makes my recipe binder look so much yummier :)
    thanks !!!

• Michelle on February 7th, 2012 at 12:20 pm

I can handle #1 :) And #2 is currently being handled as part of my site upgrade that will be rolling out in a couple of weeks, so stay tuned! :)

15. misbah on February 7, 2012 at 3:12 pm

gorgeous ideas :)

16. RisaG on February 9, 2012 at 6:13 pm

So many yummy choices – the french toast casserole, the whoopie pies, yummy. So much to choose from. I am going to make hubby some homemade chocolates and something yummy for breakfast before he leaves for work that day. Of course, I will make him a meal for dinner that is unforgetable – something he can talk about the next day to all his co-workers so they will be even more envious than usual. Should be fun.

17. Sharon Glanville on February 10, 2012 at 10:07 pm

Great recipes for Valentine’s and other occasions. Very creative and desserts look amazingly delicious. Thanks for sharing.

18. Linnie on February 13, 2012 at 8:39 pm

Thank you so much for sharing! I was seriously at a loss on what to make tomorrow! Now I have ideas