75 Best Christmas Cookies & Holiday Recipes

Goodbye turkey and all the trimmings, hello cookies, candy and homemade food gifts. Although the stores seem to usher in the Christmas holiday season earlier and earlier every year, for me it officially begins the weekend after Thanksgiving. Suddenly houses are sparkling with lights, wreaths adorn doorways, shopping starts, and I begin to think about all of the goodies I want to bake over the following four weeks. My list is growing, and while I work on which recipes make the short list for this holiday season, I wanted to share with you a collection of my holiday favorites that are already here on the site. There are cookies, candy, quick breads, and much more. Enjoy browsing, and keep an eye out for all the new recipes that will be coming your way this month!

Appetizers/Snacks for your holiday parties:

Artichoke Spinach Dip

Chewy Oatmeal-Raisin Cookies
Chocolate Biscotti
Chocolate Chip Tea Cookies
Chocolate-Dipped Coconut Macaroons
Chocolate-Dipped Shortbread Cookies
Chocolate-Pistachio Biscotti
Chocolate Sandwich Cookies (Homemade Oreos)
Chocolate Thumbprint Cookies
Chunky Peanut Butter Cookies
Cranberry-White Chocolate Almond Biscotti
Cranberry White Chocolate Chip Cookies
Cucidati (Italian Fig Cookies)
Empire Cookies
Fig and Walnut Biscotti
Lebkuchen (German Christmas Cookies)
No-Bake Chocolate, Peanut Butter & Oatmeal Cookies
Nut Crescents
Oreo Cheesecake Cookies
Parmesan Black Pepper Biscotti
Peanut Butter Blossoms
Peanut Butter Cookies
Peanut Butter-Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
Pecan Sandies
Pecan Tassies
Pizzelle
Rugelach
Salted Chocolate Shortbread Cookies
Salted Double Chocolate Peanut Butter Cookies
Snickerdoodles
Soft and Chewy Sugar Cookies (Related: How to Decorate Sugar Cookies with Royal Icing)
Thick and Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies
Ultimate Ginger Cookies
White Chocolate Macadamia Nut Cookies

Drinks:

Homemade Hot Chocolate Mix

What are some of your “must-make” holiday treats??

25 Responses to “75 Best Christmas Cookies & Holiday Recipes”

1. Selina on November 28, 2011 at 12:46 am

This is an awesome list! Thank you so much for bring all the favorites to one place! :)

2. Kate Koger on November 28, 2011 at 1:22 am

Is that all…..75 ;) he he he he am looking forward to going through them later today and no doubt wanting to make all of them!!!!! Thanks s big bunch brown eyed baker :)

3. Sarah the Writer on November 28, 2011 at 3:51 am

I <3 peppermint bark! I made it a couple years ago for everyone in my family for Christmas gifts. Very popular! I might do it again this year – or another recipe – even though my mom told me I don't have to. But I'm in my mid-20s and feel like I need to :) If I decide to, I'll try and keep this list in mind.

4. Brittany @ Itty Bits of Balance on November 28, 2011 at 7:31 am

Oh man, SO many great recipes!

5. Melissa@Kids in the Sink on November 28, 2011 at 9:38 am

My list is so long too! Can’t believe you’ve made all of these things! My list just keeps growing and growing, especially after reading this post. We love your blog!

6. Marty on November 28, 2011 at 10:06 am

Bookmarked! I will pay extra close attention to those cheesecake truffles…must be delicious. Thinking they’d be a great treat to package and give as a little gift to my Christmas dinner guests. Awesome list.

7. HRCK on November 28, 2011 at 10:48 am

Holy smokes, what a list! Thanks for posting. :)

8. Beth V. on November 28, 2011 at 11:13 am

Oooh, great list! I hope I have time to make Christmas cookies this year. If I do, I’ll definitely consult this list!

9. sue@ cakeballs, cookies and more on November 28, 2011 at 12:01 pm

Oh thank you so much, what a great bunch of recipes to drool over.

10. Melissa on November 28, 2011 at 1:00 pm

Can’t wait to make some/all of these!

11. Ally on November 28, 2011 at 2:10 pm

Wow! I have bookmarked loads of these to make for the Christmas season. What would I do without you!?
    xo

12. Alice on November 28, 2011 at 2:22 pm

Love your list! I’ve made several of your recipes that are here but reading over this makes me want to try as many new ones as I can before Christmas.

My must-make is my mom’s gingerbread men cookies. She only shared the recipe with me last year and I’m thrilled to have it. I love the spiciness and the perfect texture of soft and crunchy.

13. Choc Chip Uru on November 28, 2011 at 3:11 pm

I can’t wait to go through these recipes – how exciting the festival is here :)

14. Ashley @ Wishes & Dishes on November 28, 2011 at 3:29 pm

Welcome, Christmas!!! :)

15. Kathryn on November 28, 2011 at 3:34 pm

Thank you for a mouthwatering list! I want to try everything!

16. Kimiko on November 28, 2011 at 4:30 pm

Oh my goodness…I want to make EVERYTHING on this list. I probably won’t have the time, will I? Lol! I am looking forward to making Christmas cookies…Raspberry thumbprint cookies (Ssweetheart cookies) and Scandinavian almond bars are the two regulars that I make ever year.

17. thesassywriter.com on November 28, 2011 at 7:01 pm

Candy Cane Cookies :) Yumm!

18. Jen of My Tiny Oven on November 28, 2011 at 7:20 pm

Awesome list! Now if someone could just make all of those and send me a big box full of them! That would be GREAT!!

19. angela on November 28, 2011 at 7:25 pm

So many good things. I know two things I’m going to pin right now.

20. Barbara | Creative Culinary on November 28, 2011 at 8:13 pm

Like you, for me Christmas CAN NOT start til after Thanksgiving is over. You’ve certainly compiled a great list; I might have to add something new to my repertoire!

21. Katie on November 30, 2011 at 1:38 pm

The peppermint bark is so festive!!

22. Mi Vida en un Dulce on November 30, 2011 at 2:17 pm

Thank you very much for this recap, it’s so wonderful to have in one “page” all you need for the Holidays.

23. Jenn@Baking Jenn's Blog on November 30, 2011 at 6:55 pm

Great list! I am starting my Christmas baking on Friday and I can’t wait (my boyfriend and I are going to a Christmas party Saturday and they said I could bring whatever I wanted!). Yeah!

24. Bonnie on November 30, 2011 at 10:03 pm

Made the peppermint bark last year, it looks so classy and was a delicious favorite on the cookie tray.

25. Christmas Secret on December 2, 2011 at 10:34 pm

You rock! This list of “best Christmas recipes” is just what I was searching for. Thank you, thank you, thank you!

Now for the work. A very fun Christmas cooking fest ahead thanks to you.

Beth