120 Christmas Cookies & Holiday Recipes

120 Christmas Cookies & Holiday Recipes on www.browneyedbaker.com #Christmas  #cookies #recipes

Goodbye turkey and all the trimmings, hello cookies, candy and homemade food gifts. Although the stores seem to usher in the Christmas holiday season earlier and earlier every year, for me it officially begins the weekend after Thanksgiving. Suddenly, houses sparkle with lights, wreaths adorn doorways, Christmas music is on repeat, and I begin to think about all of the goodies I want to bake in the coming weeks. My list is growing, and while I work on which recipes make the short list for this holiday season, I wanted to share with you a collection of my holiday favorites that are already here on the site. There are cookies, candy, quick breads, and much more. Enjoy browsing, and keep an eye out for all the new recipes that will be coming your way this month!

Breakfast/Brunch:

18. Homemade Limoncello
19. White Russian Winter Milkshake

Holiday Snacks & Nibbles:

20. Artichoke Spinach Dip
21. Caramelized Onion, Mushroom & Gruyere Puff Pastry Tartlets
22. Chicken Spread
23. Chocolate & Peanut Butter Popcorn (Poppy Chow)
24. Fontina-Stuffed, Bacon-Wrapped Dates

58. Chocolate Biscotti
59. Chocolate Chip Tea Cookies
60. Chocolate-Dipped Coconut Macaroons
61. Chocolate-Dipped Shortbread Cookies
62. Chocolate-Peanut Butter Cheesecake Bars
63. Chocolate-Pistachio Biscotti
64. Chocolate Sandwich Cookies (Homemade Oreos)
65. Chocolate Sprinkle Thumbprint Cookies
66. Chocolate Thumbprint Cookies
67. Chunky Peanut Butter Cookies
68. Cranberry-White Chocolate Almond Biscotti
69. Cranberry White Chocolate Chip Cookies
70. Cucidati (Italian Fig Cookies)
71. Date Bars
72. Eggnog Cheesecake Bars
73. Empire Cookies
74. Fig Cookie Bars
75. Fig and Walnut Biscotti
76. Filled Raisin Cookies
77. Gingerbread Men Cookies
78. Goody Goody Bars
79. Lebkuchen (German Christmas Cookies)
80. Lofthouse Style Frosted Sugar Cookies
98. Rugelach
99. Salted Caramel Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars
100. Salted Caramel Popcorn, Pretzel & Peanut Bars
101. Salted Chocolate Shortbread Cookies
102. Salted Double Chocolate Peanut Butter Cookies
103. Snickerdoodles
104. Soft and Chewy Sugar Cookies (Related: How to Decorate Sugar Cookies with Royal Icing)
105. Thick and Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies

115. Grandma’s Ambrosia Salad
116. Homemade Rum Cake
117. Nut Rolls
118. Pepperoni Bread
119. Snickerdoodle Cupcakes
120. Sticky Toffee Pudding

What are some of your “must-make” holiday treats??

23 Responses to “120 Christmas Cookies & Holiday Recipes”

1. Chung-Ah | Damn Delicious on November 28, 2012 at 12:24 am

What an awesome round-up! Where do I start?!

2. Ashley @ Wishes and Dishes on November 28, 2012 at 1:23 am

I’ll take one of each please! :)

3. Averie @ Averie Cooks on November 28, 2012 at 3:32 am

Michelle this is a great post – thank you for compiling it! I am trying to decide on holiday recipes and this gives me more than a few options :)

4. little kitchie on November 28, 2012 at 6:50 am

Wow! What a great list – so helpful and inspiring! :)

5. sally @ sallys baking addiction on November 28, 2012 at 8:32 am

A one-stop christmas recipe shop. Thank you for compiling this Michelle – everything looks and sounds incredible. I love those little nutter butter snowmen!

6. Maxy on November 28, 2012 at 9:02 am

This is incredible! I’m so excited to try some of these!

7. Katrina @ Warm Vanilla Sugar on November 28, 2012 at 9:26 am

I don’t need to look anywhere else! Love this collection :)

8. Mary Ann on November 28, 2012 at 9:35 am

Yee-ha!!! Let the baking begin! I hope you don’t mind, but I’m going to put a link to this on my site today!

9. Jennifer @ Peanut Butter and Peppers on November 28, 2012 at 9:38 am

OH MY GOSH! I don’t even know where to begin. Everything sounds so fantastic! Bookmarking your page!

10. mamatoi on November 28, 2012 at 9:54 am

Must have holiday treats in my home- nutty nuggets, popcorn balls, tiny decorated Christmas shaped sugar cookies-frosted of course…. Looking forward to Christmas holiday dinner ideas..

11. Fiona @ Get Fit Fiona on November 28, 2012 at 10:23 am

It’s not Christmas in our house until I’ve made shortbread and gingerbread cookies. I never make them any other time of the year, so I always look forward to it at Christmas.

12. Captain Micah on November 28, 2012 at 11:51 am

Holy cow. This is so wonderful. I love having ONE PLACE to visit when considering holiday recipes, and you’ve done it for me! Thank you so much.

By the way, I failed miserably at making the quick-and-easy “foolproof) fudge last week. Maybe I should master that before I attempt your heavenly fudge recipe?

13. Paula on November 28, 2012 at 12:14 pm

A fabulous one-stop listing for the holidays, or anytime for that matter. Well done! Thank you.

14. Marchelle on November 28, 2012 at 2:48 pm

I have a multitude of recipes from around the internet bookmarked (in categorized bookmark folders, yes, I’m that obsessive), but you have so, so many amazing recipes that I only needed to bookmark your home page!

15. joan on November 28, 2012 at 2:51 pm

Thanks, Michelle, for this excellent, comprehensive list. I recently made your Fig Walnut Biscotti ( I added a little butter & took away one of the eggs, because I find that the fatless biscotti wreak havoc on my teeth) They were fabulous!!! I LOVED the taste of the anise seed in them.

16. Scout on November 28, 2012 at 3:01 pm

Thank you for the list!
    I always make Muddy Buddies – also known as “Puppy Chow” – for Christmas. I’ve been making them for so long, I can do it in my sleep. My friends and co-workers love the goodie bag I give out for Christmas with the Buddies, cookies and the other treatsies.

17. Nancy P. on November 28, 2012 at 3:43 pm

The peppermint bark has become a staple in our house!

18. Jessie on November 28, 2012 at 6:37 pm

Oh! You are killing me with this DANG list! I thought I’d check for just a few ideas to add to my Christmas baking staples..don’t want to overdo it, just had a baby and all. Then I see all this deliciousness!! I’m a goner…

19. Laura Dembowski on November 28, 2012 at 9:15 pm

So many amazing recipes. I love all the decorations and baking this time of year :)

20. Lauren on November 29, 2012 at 4:24 pm

I just found your blog yesterday while searching for a recipe for pumpkin gobs (I’m in Pittsburgh too, so no whoopie pies for me!), and this list is so helpful. This is the first year I’m hosting Christmas Day at my house, so I want everything to be just right. I’m sure some of these recipes will come in handy.

And the pumpkin gobs are delicious — I didn’t even make the filling. we are just eating them like cookies at my house.

21. Sharrel @FreeEbooksDaily on November 29, 2012 at 9:43 pm

Thank you for putting together such a great list! Now the hard part deciding what to make first!

22. Melissa on December 3, 2012 at 5:20 pm

Wow! Those ‘Best Buttermilk Pancakes’ really are the best! So fluffy. Thanks. Love your blog

23. Karen Simon on December 7, 2012 at 3:51 am

Maybe you like to get inspired by a few traditional recipes from Europe as well?
    I found a great app for these days before Christmas!
    Hopefully you like it!