45 Super Bowl Recipes for Super Bowl XLV

Image Source: NFL.com

The Super Bowl is one week from today and I can’t even pretend to be unbiased. It’s all Black and Gold here in Pittsburgh, and I can’t wait to wave my Terrible Towel next Sunday! Needless to say, the Super Bowl will be a very big deal around these parts, but even if your team isn’t playing, it’s still a great excuse to whip up some of your favorite foods and enjoy time with friends. To commemorate the 45th Super Bowl, I have put together 45 of what I think are the best game day menu items on the site. There are dips, appetizers, decorated sugar cookies, some main dishes, and of course crowd-pleasing sweets. Each day this coming week I will also feature a new dip or appetizer as a potential to add to your menu. I love party food! Enjoy perusing the recipes :)

Decorated Sugar Cookies

Pan-Fried Onion Dip
Taco Dip
Traditional Hummus

Finger Foods, Snacks & Appetizers

Cream Cheese-Stuffed, Bacon-Wrapped Jalapenos
Fontina-Stuffed, Bacon-Wrapped Dates
Homemade Cracker Jack (Caramel Peanut Popcorn)
Maple-Bacon Kettle Popcorn

Salted Caramel Brownies
Seven-Layer Bars
S’more Nut Bars
Snickerdoodle Blondies
Snickery Squares
Thick and Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies

**Since publishing this post, I have shared additional Super Bowl-worthy recipes. They are listed below:

Buffalo Chicken Dip
Hot Reuben Dip
Sausage Dip
Seven Layer Dip

GO STEELERS!!

11 Responses to “45 Super Bowl Recipes for Super Bowl XLV”

1. Lisa (Dishes of Mrs. Fish) on January 30, 2011 at 12:10 am

Wow! Awesome collection of recipes! :) Go Steelers!
    My husband has been super homesick lately, so I think we are having perogies next weekend! Plus a few tasty treats from this impressive list!

2. linda on January 30, 2011 at 6:20 am

wishing you a fantastic super sunday!
    hope the game & outcome is fabulous (for you) as is this great list!

3. Lauren at KeepItSweet on January 30, 2011 at 7:51 am

I wish I had a team in the Superbowl this year, but all of the good Superbowl food should make up for it! Can’t wait to check out all of your suggestions:-)

4. Tracey on January 30, 2011 at 7:59 am

Great round-up Michelle! I can’t wait for the Super Bowl either, and my team didn’t even make it :)

5. Katrina on January 30, 2011 at 8:29 am

Great suggestions! I’m making my list today. I’m so excited!

6. The Food Hound on January 30, 2011 at 8:31 am

These all look amazing… right down to where you said “Go Steelers… :)”

7. Keller Creative on January 30, 2011 at 10:38 am

Love the list and can’t wait to see what you come up with this week. I plan on making Primanti Brothers sliders with pulled pork for our Super Bowl Sunday party.

8. Diana on January 30, 2011 at 2:40 pm

Oh yay – can’t wait to try the cheddar ale spread for our party next week.

Here we go, Steelers, here we go!!

9. Kelly on January 30, 2011 at 7:07 pm

I love all of your decorated cookies for the Steelers. Good team pick, and I’m cheering for the Steelers with you.

10. Paul Byron Downs on January 31, 2011 at 12:20 pm

Great post and thanks for all the wonderful suggestions. Go Steelers!!!

Paul

11. kristina on February 1, 2011 at 10:31 am

Oh dear… I didn’t realize… I may have stop reading your blog. :)

GO PACKERS!