75 Super Bowl Recipes for Super Bowl XLVI

Next Sunday the Super Bowl rolls around again, and unfortunately the Steelers won’t be making a repeat trip back. Although that makes watching the game a tad bittersweet, it’s still a great excuse to whip up some favorite foods and enjoy time with friends. Plus, it always helps to have rooting interest in the game. As a Steelers fan, I must do my best to make sure that Tom Brady and the Patriots don’t win another Super Bowl. So I’ll definitely be watching and cheering on the Giants this year, hoping they can repeat that magical upset of four years ago.

To get you ready for the big game, I have put together 75 of what I think are the best game day menu items on the site. There are dips, appetizers, decorated sugar cookies, some main dishes and sides, and of course crowd-pleasing sweets. Each day this week I will also feature a new dip or comfort food as a potential to add to your menu. I love party food! Enjoy perusing the recipes and… GO GIANTS!

Decorated Sugar Cookies

Pimento Cheese Ball
Sausage Dip
Seven Layer Dip
Taco Dip
Traditional Hummus

Finger Foods, Snacks & Appetizers

Chocolate and Peanut Butter-Covered Popcorn (Poppy Chow)
Cream Cheese-Stuffed, Bacon-Wrapped Jalapenos
Fontina-Stuffed, Bacon-Wrapped Dates
Homemade Cracker Jack (Caramel Peanut Popcorn)
Maple-Bacon Kettle Popcorn

Seven-Layer Bars
S’more Nut Bars
Snickerdoodle Blondies
Snickery Squares
Sweet and Salty Brownies
Thick and Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies

And now, most importantly… GO GIANTS!! (again)

32 Responses to “75 Super Bowl Recipes for Super Bowl XLVI”

1. HRCK the Herald on January 30, 2012 at 9:59 am

The ONLY thing exciting to me about the Super Bowl is the food– particularly the dips, which is odd from a gigantic sweet tooth like me!

Actually, I take that back. Tom Brady ooohing and aaahing will excite me as well.

• William of Seabrook on February 5th, 2012 at 9:48 am

Great recipes, wrong team

2. Betsy on January 30, 2012 at 10:27 am

Yay! Go Giants!

3. Jennifer on January 30, 2012 at 10:29 am

I am also with you in cheering on the Giants!!

4. Maria on January 30, 2012 at 10:55 am

Great round up! I can’t wait for the big game!

5. Christy @ Confessions of a Culinary Diva on January 30, 2012 at 11:07 am

Your posts always amaze me! I don’t always get to comment because that pesky little think called the work week gets in the way, but I’m always inspired to try something new after reading your posts.

6. Leanne on January 30, 2012 at 11:12 am

Thanks for this post! Many great ideas. Go Giants! Next year, Steelers!

7. Nancy K on January 30, 2012 at 11:35 am

GO PAT”S…GO PAT”S …GO PAT’S

8. Mac on January 30, 2012 at 12:01 pm

I love your “top lists”. You are AMAZING. I hate football, but love recipes. Thanks

9. Georgia on January 30, 2012 at 12:04 pm

Thank you for this very comprehensive list. Something for everyone.

Go Giants, indeed. I miss Peyton.

10. Jennifer @ Peanut Butter and Peppers on January 30, 2012 at 12:23 pm

I love these foods for the super bowl! I have to go through all of them and see what I want to make, you have so many wonderful recipes. I haven’t had one that dissapointed me yet!!

11. Sandy @ RE on January 30, 2012 at 12:33 pm

Awesome round up, girl! :)

12. Tracey on January 30, 2012 at 1:21 pm

Great round-up! I’m still working on my menu and may snag an idea or two! I’ll pretend I didn’t hear you say you’d be rooting for the Giants :)

13. Choc Chip Uru on January 30, 2012 at 1:22 pm

Fantastic list – though I have never watched this in my life (ahem in Australia)
    I don’t mind getting into the food ;)

Cheers
    Choc Chip Uru
    Latest: Chocolate Malted Malteser Cookies

14. Tracy K. on January 30, 2012 at 1:42 pm

So many mouthwatering choices! Right now I’m thinking the onion rings and buffalo chicken dip will be on my table, but who know how I’ll feel in a few days?

Go Pats!

15. Andee on January 30, 2012 at 2:45 pm

I’ve tried the chocolate chip dip and the buffalo chicken dip. This weekend I will be making the jalapeno popper dip and I’m super excited! Go Patriots!!!

16. Carol G on January 30, 2012 at 3:50 pm

I am one of the few Giants fans at a party I am going too, I am going to make the ‘jersey’ cookies with (only) all the Giants names and numbers :)

17. Jenny F. on January 30, 2012 at 3:52 pm

With three little boys in my house, the football sugar cookies seem to be the best recipe for the SuperBowl. Go Patriots! Woo Hoo! They’re gonna rock!

18. auntiecarole on January 30, 2012 at 3:59 pm

Love all the recipes for the big game — GO PATRIOTS!!!

19. Averie @ Love Veggies and Yoga on January 30, 2012 at 4:37 pm

I need to come to your house for Superbowl parties. It all sounds fabulous!

20. joan on January 30, 2012 at 5:42 pm

I guess, since I rooted against the Steelers in the Superbowl last year, I can only expect you to root against the Pats this year. All’s fair in love and football…….

21. leslie on January 30, 2012 at 7:09 pm

No Steelers :(
    Yummy round up!

22. Ashley @ Wishes & Dishes on January 30, 2012 at 10:19 pm

Definitely doing up the buffalo chicken dip!

23. Janie on January 30, 2012 at 11:11 pm

Been a Giants fan even when they weren’t on top..Go Giants!

My dad was from the Pittsburgh coal mining area (Crucible) and after he moved to NY became a NY team fan but always had a soft spot for the Steelers and the Pirates..

Love the recipes-quite a few in there to try.

24. Lisa on January 30, 2012 at 11:25 pm

Oh Michelle, Michelle, Michelle. We hate to disappoint, but we will NOT be losing to Baby Manning this time! Not gonna happen! GO PATS!!!!! Still love your site. ;)

25. Fanny on January 30, 2012 at 11:40 pm

I clumsily stumbled upon your site while looking for a Boston Creme Pie recipe..and found it. Great options for Super Bowl. You have everything but the kitchen sink! Thanks for the variety on your site. On and shame on you for rooting against the Patriots!!! >:{

PATS NATION!

26. Heather @ Kids in the Sink on January 31, 2012 at 9:06 am

Another roundup! I looooooove roundups! I’m so making your jalapeno popper dip.

27. Meaghan on January 31, 2012 at 9:18 am

Wow- what an amazing list you’ve compiled. I’m bookmarking this to come back to closer to Game Day!

My sister and I are actually having a Super Bowl recipe throwdown right at http://www.2sisters2cities.com (I live in Boston and she lives in NY.) We would love it if you stopped by to vote for your favorite recipe and post a link to one of your recipes as well! We are giving away two sets of two round-trip tickets on BoltBus to our commenters.

28. William of Seabrook on January 31, 2012 at 12:15 pm

When the gladiators (PATRIOTS) take the field the ground will tremble, the giants will not be detered but there destany will be short lived. I hail there bravery and soulute there tanacity but in the end the gladiators will prevale.

William of Seabrook

29. Jordanna on January 31, 2012 at 2:20 pm

Wish it was the Steelers! Still haven’t quite recovered from that one. Definetly looking forward to making some of your dips and goodies. Your site is the first place I looked when I heard super bowl party!!! Thanks for all the excellent work you do!

30. Tiffany Werley on February 4, 2012 at 2:05 pm

Your recipes are amazing. I get excited to pin new ones all the time! I can’t wait to try that Chocolate Chip cookie dough dip!

31. Dawn Fardo on February 7, 2012 at 1:31 am

Marvelous! This is excellent! Thanks! :)